im so annoyed!!

edited December 2011 in Sleep
I have never ever in my life had sleep issues til I became a mommy. My son's almost 4 months old and if he wakes up during the night (it's usually once, around 3 or 4am) I CANNOT get back to sleep. I've about had it. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?! Can I take benedryl without it affecting my son bc I breastfeed?? I've tried melatonin in the past, it doesn't work for me. I just want to sleeeeeep :((

Comments

• I wouldn't recommend taking anything that would make you drowsy because it might delay your response time to your baby next time he wakes up. I can never fall asleep when my daughter goes to bed. Idk why. She's asleep by 10 and I just lay in bed til 12-1 am! It's crazy..
  • I know what you mean! Lol I am laying here awake and my LO is knocked out! I would say no to using Benadryl only because it can effect your supply...I learned that the hard way yesterday... I have a head cold and I took HALF of one and my supply went waaaay down for the day until it wore off. Have you tried meditating? That helps me relax enough to get to sleep.
  • Yikes my supply kinda sucks as it is I'll def stay away from the sleeping pills then (benedryl is the active ingredient in most, if not all, sleeping pills). @ashley_smashley I'll have to try meditation. I get such headaches bc of the lack of sleep. It's driving me nuts.
  • @starrxoxo9 you are right with that. I wake up at the slightest sound he makes and he knows that now lol 99% of the time he only has to say "hey mom" (obv he can't really talk yet, but he does his baby speak lol) and I'm up. He rarely whines to wake me up.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm the same way, I've been up since 3 and its now 5:30 and I'm still up! My baby only wakes up 1-2 times to eat and I'm always up. I feel that if I go to sleep for too long something will happen. I need to start sleeping better I go back to work in Feb and I'm going to need my sleep. Let me know what works for you:)
  • If/when I find a solution, I'll surely share it :-) @juliansmommy
  • I know that I can't go back to sleep if i can access the internet or tv, turning everything off and leaving my cell phone alone forced me to fall back asleep eventually cause otherwise I would start watching infomercials or on my phone for hours
  • Have not tried it @2ndbutfirst probably it's chamomile? @akmommy I lay there for a while before I pick up my phone. I figure if I'm gonna be awake I'd rather be busy than stare at the ceiling listening to my fiance snore lol