How do I make MORE :(

edited December 2011 in Breastfeeding
I have been pumping for 2 weeks. I went from pumping 10 oz to barely 6 oz when I pump. What am I doing wrong? How do I make more milk???? :(

Comments

• fenugreek, water!
  • Oatmeal,gatorade,water& eating at least one hot balanced meal a day
  • Your Dr may also write you a script for Reglan but, try some other stuff first because they usually will only write for it once, maybe twice. It's for stomach motility but one of the side effects is increased milk production! Also remember to drink lots of water and try really hard not to stress - I know its hard not to, I went through this with my second but, the more relaxed you are, the more milk you make! Good luck :)
  • Thanks Ladies I appreciate your advice! @loveourlittleone, @mommahadababy, @pregRNmommy, and Mom2ING oxoxoxox
  • I used to pump 3.5. Then i started my bc which is the mini pill and i went down to only 2 if im lucky. And it takes a long time to get it.
  • What pump do you have? I went through two pumps before finally getting the medela and ibpump double what I used too. I got the playtex and ameda before. Check your flange size as well on the pump. Ameda has a spot on their website that shows correct size for nipples. Nurse on demand pump in between feeding and always remember what you pump is not accurate to what you are producing. And like mentioned above good diet lots of fluids keep taking Pre natal and relax. Its also good too look at your baby while pumping or a picture it helps stimulate your brain and kinda trick you into pumping more.
  • @Steph_due_101611 omg I never thought my bc could be the reason I was drying up!!!
  • @Samantha I have a Medela Lactina pump, but looking at pics of Piper is a GREAT idea THANKS! :) I haven't been nursing because she refuses to latch anymore and when I try to put her on my breast, it's devestating (to me) so I stopped.
  • @ Stephen_due_101611 is that way you stop making as much cause I just started it at 4 months pp and i seen a different in it too
  • @Stephen_due_101611 is that way you stop making as much cause I just started it at 4 months pp and i seen a different in it too
  • @Mommy_to_one its steph not Stephen. Bc can cause a drop in milk production. @alwayzbeenurz2008
  • Eat oatmeal w/brown sugar, sweet potatoes, drink lots & lots of water :-)
  • I had low milk production and hired a LC and she recommended I take 3 fenugreek and 3 blessed thistle 3X/day and to pump after each feeding. Worked great for me. Good luck!