Please HELP!

edited January 2012 in First time moms
My daughter will be 3 months January 5th her skin color was a real pretty like cocoa brown.Well about 2 1/2 weeks ago she got kind of sick, she wouldn't keep her milk down ( I breasfeed) and her face started to break out, I knew it was different then baby acne so I took her to her Dr. He said she had a viral infection and to give her pedialyte for a day no milk so her stomach can settle. I tried that but she wouldn't drink the pedialyte so he said to try gatorade bc he didn't want her to get dehydrated. She drunk that fine. Well she still had her face rash and he said when the infection was gone the rash would too because rash was from the infection. Well her face started to spot on her cheeks and by the outside of her eyes, them it started spreading. I took her back he prescribed her this fougera clotrimazole cream. I gave her that and her skin started to lighten up. No lie my baby's face is majority light and her arms and back is started to break out but not discolored. I'm so sad because I can tell her face is irritating her, everytime

Comments

• The doctor prescribed that for Cartier too she said not to use it everyday or constantly apply it
  • She wake up her face is so dry. She has a dermotologist appt., Tuesday but I can't stand this. It breaks my heart when people ask what happened to her color... I really hope she gets her face color back, does anybody have experience with this?
  • If u r still using out try mixing it with vasaline to dilute it
  • @preggointx see he told me to apply it 2x a day everyday to her face
  • I had bad acne and some of my rx would bleach my skin. I'm white so it wasn't too noticeable. I know your situation is slightly different but maybe it's bleaching the skin. For me once I got off the cream prescribed to me, my color came back with the normal pink undertones it used to have and my face matched the rest if my body again. My face also was able to tan again lightly from regular everyday exposure. Hopefully your baby will get that lovely color back!
  • Did the cream help your baby? Like did he have the same problem @preggointx ?
  • My babies r mixed blk/white an have exzema an my pediatrician told me before prescribing a cream not to use it much It wuld discolour her skin so I don't use it I use aveeno ur pediatrician shuld have told u that ,I'm scared to use any cream for her skin after he sed that have u tried aveeno ?
  • @DevineDesign I stopped using it. I really hope she gets her color back too. How long did it take you

@Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I'm going to be so mad if the derm. tell us we shouldn't have used it for too long. He never said to just use it a few days or anything. I haven't tried aveeno, is there a certain one?

• Yea it will discolor the skin my husband has exzema an his Dr told him the same thing. That's prolly Why her skin is lighter then sum parts . The aveeno exzema therapy is really thick an creamy that's Wat i use cuz its really moisturizing ,an for the dryness an itching her pediatrician recommended dove products also .
  • But the aveeno will take care of the dryness an itching very well also my Dr jus sed dove works well to
  • I wanna say it took about a month.
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo thanks!! I'll give her a bath tonight with dove.

@DevineDesign thanks, I really hope the derm. say it's not permanence
  • @August22baby I hope so, I'm so anxious for her appt Tuesday to see what they say. It's just so weird like, I never heard of this happening before. The Dr that told me to use this cream better hope my baby face get better. He just kept Im blowing it off like it wasn't a big deal