Face-Planting?

edited January 2012 in Crawling
I have an odd question for you guys. My daughter can't crawl yet, but she will prop herself up on her arms, like she's getting ready to crawl. When she does this, (which is normally on our bed) she will completely kind of "head bang" her head into surfaces every few seconds or so. It's always down to the surface that is below her. Anyone know what this is, or if it's something I should be worried about?

Comments

• My son did tgis when he first started to learn how to crawl. Right now he picks himself and throws himself forward, he uses his feet somestimes but i think its just the first stage of crawling
  • How old is she? She is learning how to use and strengthening her neck muscles. My daughter head bags my face sometimes when I carry her. I call her the headbanger! Lol
  • @Jay_july1 thank you! @whoaababy she is 6 months old, she is able to move or scoot backwards, but she only seems to do this when she seems to be trying to crawl forward.
  • Maybe she is being lazy? Did she get a lot of tummy time when she was younger?