last friday... long

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
Was the scariest night of my life. so i fed jaymasyn (my son) bananas i had fed them to him two times prior the first time he was just fine and loved them, the second time loved them but got a little rash on his head like literally three red dots that went away as fast as they came, then the third time on Friday he liked them at first then after a couple bites not so much. so two hours later he threw up didnt think much cause two days before this he was throwing up. but then things went down hill fast with in 10 mins he was dry heaving and like gagging and he would stop breathing for a couple seconds well he kept doing that and he was getting really lethargic so we decided we were gonna take him to the er so i call my mom at work and ask her to come take us so she gets here we get in the car and i just hold him in my lap so on the way he starts doing it again only this time it he started chocking really bad and he started going white and went limp in my arms by this time im freaking out so i hand him to bd and my mom pulls over and they are breathing in his face trying to get him to breathe and what seems like forever they get him breathing again and my mom just starts driving as fast as she can to the hospital luckly we only live 5 mins. we get to the er the rush us back to the room by this time im a wreck well the do test and cant really see anything wrong but they suspect an allergy to the bananas so now we have to go see an allergist in the next couple days. scariest thing ever!!!!

Comments

• I can't even imagine! I hope he and you are doing better now
  • omg i would have lost it! I really hope that doesnt happen with my son when i start giving him food :( Hoping baby is well!
  • O no well I'm glad he is ok now.
  • my son used to get so upset that he would hold his breath till he passed out and went limp he did it all the time the first couplke times 911 was called then i started to realize when and why it happened. it was called breath holding spells. the first one was at 14 months the last was at 2 1/2. it was scary he has fallen ion concrete and fell into the side of the cabinets he would turn blue nd white eyes rolling in the back of his head and completely stops breathing going limp. scariest thing EVER!
  • Awwwww. :'( How old is he? I am so sorry you had to go through that!
  • @everyone ya I'm glad hes doing good now deffanitly scariest moment since his birth.

@ripkaydence that would freak me out.
  • @fate hes 5 months. Thank you.
  • Stupid bananas anyways! I'm glad he's ok.