Going insane

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
Every night my lo goes through bouts of stomach pains I can't figure out how to ease them.I've tried changing my diet I've tried reflux medicine I've tried gripe water.i just don't know how yo solve his stomach pains. I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'm never going to survive with him staying up screaming every night til two am does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you illl try that
  • Have u removed certain items from your diet? My friend couldn't eat any dairy at all..just an idea
  • I have. And I'm basically starving myself because I can't eat anything but he still hurts
  • What about gas drops? Those work miracles on my daughter
  • I haven't tried those. I may need to.
  • Gas drops didnt do anything for my lo, actually nothing has really helped besides prune juice, my dr told me to put 1 tbsp on her bottle twice a day, i dont know if she's grown out of it or its actually helping, i'm scared to stop lol we've been giving it to her for a month now. Might want to call your doc! we spent at least $150 on herbs and medicine trying to find anything that helped.
  • I tried everything and Mylicon gas drops did the trick. Walmart sells one from the makers of Mylicon and I found that one worked best.
  • @kimberly4411 I'm going to email my doc tomorrow it's 1230 & he still won't stop screaming I have to get up in five hours for work. I'm sitting here crying right beside him.
  • @junebuggbabie85 have you tried swaddling really tight? , kind of cover up his face with the blanket and hold him close
  • Also, lay back and have him "sit" on your stomach, that gets a ton of gas out of madison. Pull him into the sitting position with his arms and hold him there kinda slumped over (have a burp clothe ready)
  • I was told baby know when. Ur frustrated so try to stay cool
  • @kimberly4411 he doesn't like being swaddled unless it's just his legs.i sit him on my knees and bounce. I've kicked his legs, tried tummy time. He keeps acting like he is hungry but he has literally eaten every half hour for the last four hours
  • edited January 2012
    Hmm, get your hubby's sock and put sone rice in it, tie it then microwave it until warm lay him over it where its On his stomach or put it between you and him while holding him. Dont get it too hot though
  • @kimberly4411 that won't work with his socks he only has those ankle high ones what else could I use?
  • Is he comfortable? Madison did that about a month ago and she ended up being cold, it took me forever to figure it out, sorry for all the weird ideas, i've been in your shoes and tried everything, maybe a car ride? No music or maybe lullaby music
  • edited January 2012
    Umm, a t-shirt? Get a rubber band snd cover both sides? Or use his ankle socks and a rubber band, or a longsleeve shirt and rubber band the sleeve, a pillowcase?
  • He's comfy that's why I can't figure it out he's clean warm and full but won't stop screaming at the to p of his lungs
  • Go on a car ride, i know its hard to hear him scream, i cant think of anything else, is your hubby helping at all?
  • edited January 2012
    If he likes bathes and the car ride wont work (which it should) try a bath. Do you have childrens tylenol, madison is 10 pounds and dr said 1/4 tbsp, or childrens benadryl?
  • Bds on the couch ignoring everything even though he gets to sleep later. Yeah I can't do the car ride may have to try abath
  • O sorry, i thought ya'll were married. Ughh, men, i'm sorry, i cant think of anything else :-?? Just stay strong, maybe you'll get a nap later ( i know i'm being way optimistic lol)
  • edited January 2012
    Sorry, double post
  • I tried a bath he's still screaming and I'm about to beat the shit out of bd . I don't think liam weighs enough for that he's only seven pounds. Today is going to be a long first day back ugh. Thank you for all your ideas. I used sleepy time bath wash.and lotion lets hope that helps.
  • I think you should beat the shit out if him, take him out to the living room, he can sense your stress and cant calm down, do anything to get bd to take him if only for 5 minutes
  • I asked bd to warm up the bath room and help me give him a bath he starts warning up the room then leaves me to go take a shower then when I finally get liam calm and I am trying to fall asleep he comes in the bedroom and starts trying to talk to me. I'm like wtf you know I have to get up for work in two hours and he gets all sulky and goes now you know how I feel and I was like no I don't know how you feel because for the last month I've let you sleep while I was up all night with the baby a$$hole.
  • I'm sorry, at least maybe you got a little bit of sleep, does Liam go to daycare or is someone watching him?
  • May sound strange but I noticed when I take gas-ex my daughter does a lot better. Guess it may be passed through breastmilk.