Baby Name Disagreements...sort of

edited January 2011 in Baby names
Ever since I was little I had the name "Damian" picked out for a boy. I am 12 weeks now and I don't know yet if I am having a boy or a girl. My boyfriend has his heart set on "Wolfgang Frederick" (middle name Frederick for his father). In fact, when we told his parents that we were expecting his fathers response was "So Wolfgang Frederick is on the way!" I haven't said anything yet. I wanted to give myself some time to think over the name. As it turns out, I don't hate it..it's actually kind of growing on me! However, my feelings are a little hurt (and maybe these are pregnancy emotions) that my name choice isn't even being considered. I may just wait until we find out if it is a boy or girl. Any ideas of how to present this in a non-argumentative way?

Comments

• I think maybe you just sit him down and try and ask about picking a name together that way you other options too. Ya know. But with my hubby and I it wasn't anything like this we agreed on maximus before we got pregant but it was me with the way my man is I would that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. That I have to say something. Even if we end up going with a name that isn't my first choice, I at least want to feel that I am being heard on the subject. It actually made me quite angry but I wanted to take the time to think about it rationally before I blew up. These days I never know what is an actual feeling of anger or just a burst of hormones!
  • I hope y'all can pick a name you both like and good luck congrats!
  • Thanks...I have a good feeling that in the end it will work out! Congrats to you too!