Old Wives Tales

edited January 2012 in Just for Fun
I'm pregnant with my first & can't wait to find out the sex. I was wondering about all these old wives tales about gender prediction (such as the chinese gender chart, needle & thread test, heart rate over/under 140, etc.) Did anyone try them and have them turn out correct? Everyone I know says I'm going to have a girl, and I feel like its a girl as well. The chinese gender predictor test said girl, and the heartrate at my last ultrasound was 155.. any input? I can't wait until 2-2-12.. I'll find out for sure! :)

Comments

• I did the chinese calendar n it was correct
  • I dont really remember what the tests said with my first, I KNEW he was going to be a boy and a lot of people said girl, but it was a boy. With my second one EVERYTHING said girl, all the tests and all the people, I was even convinced and started having dreams it was a girl (even though I wanted a boy, hubby wanted a girl). I could have sworn it was going to be a girl just because every single thing I looked up online said it, I had every sign and symptom and the pregnancy was opposite of my first one. But my second baby was a boy too, so I do not believe in the old wives tales; they are fun to read and do but I think they set you up for disappointment if you have your heart set on one sex over the other.
  • I agree with @My2Boys though. Even though the chinese calendar was correct I think it was just a coincidence.
  • Everything I took said girl and heart rate was always over 150 but I knew it was going to be a boy and it was
  • I'll be happy either way, I tried to conceive for almost 2 years & finally found out I was pregnant (naturally, yay!) In November. Gender disappointment isn't a possibility for me, I just feel so blessed to even be pregnant! :) Thanks for the input!
  • @baby_jabs congrats n good luck with everything
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chinese calendar and ring test said boy...i had a girl.