how to conceive a baby while

edited January 2012 in Trying to conceive
breastfeeding any help?? i dont want to give up my night time feedings tho... please help

Comments

• I dont think bf is a good way of bitlrthcontrol you should be fine
  • Breastfeeding can stop/change your cycle for a while, depending on how often you do it. I would say to follow normal procedures, don't use protection, try to chart ovulation if u are having a regular period, and you should conceive at some point
  • I was thinking the same question. I read its not good to breastfeed when you become pregnant. Good luck and store what you can.
  • @crisjoe why isnt it good?@eiralynnesmommy and im not having periods at all
  • @skysma May have something to do with depleting your body of what it needs for pregnancy.
  • i just read on a thing i think its bahammamomma maybe to many mms lol thing she posted an article that said it was completely safe @crisjoe
  • Guess it varies on pregnancies
  • @skysma It is safe, you just need to make sure that your taking enough calories for both breastfeeding and pregnancy. Keep on a very healthy diet. You may need to take some fertility meds if you aren't getting your period.
  • @skysma It is harder for most women to conceive while exlusively breastfeeding. Especially if you have yet to have a period. The chances of you getting pregnant before you have a period are slim. It CAN happen, but chances are it won't. Your body can also run some anovulatory cycles, when you aren't really ovulating. You will have to be patient if you want to continue exclusively bfing. If you cut out even one feeding here and there, there's a better chance. Or if you cut out night time feedings. Hope that helps!
  • edited January 2012
    Plenty of women on this site got preggo while bf so it is possible
  • thank you everyone that helps alot i know it will happen when it happens im enjoying my lo right now so its not like i really want to be too bad right now ya know i wan two boys and two girls so far i have two boys and one girl so come on baby girl :) anyone know of a way to conceive a girl lol