My baby hates belly time !! (*help*)

edited January 2012 in Ages & Stages
He screams n screams everytime we put him on his belly but Dr says he's behind on the "steps " that lead to crawling ..but idk what to do..I've tried laying down w him..tried buying TWO DIFFERENT belly time play mats. Tried toys...ugh idk what to do??

Comments

• Place him on your stomach and kind of slouch down so he's at an angle, my lo hates being on her tummy, yesterday i flipped her over to dry her back after a bath and she rolled! I was amazed because she hasn't spent more than 45 minutes on her stomach on the floor in the past 3 months
  • dont sweat it! dr isnt there day after day with your child. Malia hate floor/playmat tummy time too.
  • My son hates it too. That's my biggest fear. =/ so if u find a solution please share
  • Little Oliver hates it as well...::sigh:: o well. We do a few min each day just enough to where he is almost pissed off lol.
  • My Lo hates it as well :/ I'm scared he will be behind on certain things too .. idk what to do , he screams and crys until you flip him over and when I do he's all red and sweaty . I feel horrible every time . If you find a solution please share the 411
  • My daughter hated it for a long time. We would do a few min at a time through out the day. Sometimes putting a boppy under her chest so she could see better would help.
  • You're def not alone on this. My son *hates* being on his belly. He complains and complains, then just puts his head down and lays there lol he did roll over belly to back 2x (of course when his dad and I left him with my mom lol) but hasn't done it since. Most of the time if he's on his belly he spits up, regardless of time passed since his last bottle/boob feed. We just do it for a max of 20-30mins/day spaced out.
  • At first I started putting my lo in her boppy then I went to putting her on the bed cause at first she hated just having tummy time on the bed
  • My son doesn't really care for it either.....instead of him lifting with his arms he just moves his legs lol kinda like he crawling w/o using the arms n then he starts fussing.