well he leaves tomorrow

edited January 2012 in Military moms
my wonderful husband who i love and hate at the same time is leaving for afganistan tomorrow and me and his lil man are very sad. i have so many emotions between being anxious for it to be done and over and overwhelmed bc i have so many new things with closing on our new house we bought together all alone and then taking care of my son a house 2 cars and two dogs alone. but happy because he is a hero doing the right thing for his family and country. i want to just send out a thanks to all my military moms out there and kids a thanks for all your husbands/wives and loved ones who do this for us back at home while we hold down the fort.

from one military family to all the others out there....THANKS!!

@sands3
@kristaf22
@lovinmy4
@momma_tiffay
@alltheothers who i dont know or forgot to tag

Comments

• @kristaf22 when does scott leave?
  • It will go by quicker than you think... my hubby and I did a 15 month deployment when our daughter was 1 and it sucked.. but now I know it goes quick... Its not so bad now but I didnt watch the news when he deployed just like my mom didnt when I deployed (03-04)...
  • Aw good luck momma! I'm sure time will fly! I thought 4 months away from my hubby was hell until he got back cause it seemed so fast. At least next deployment I'll have our lo to keep me busy. Best of luck(:
  • well he deployed last june and got back last jan and it went by fast. so this isnt my first but this time my son is alomst 4 and knows he is leaving and he is sad. we just bought a house and a new car and we now have 2 dogs so its different bc last deployment i went hme asnd this time im staying here. so i just know the first and last 3-4 weeks are the worst. @lilbit01_209
  • Anal has a playmate now? Lol. You know I'm here for you Amber, I hope this deployment passes quickly for you & lil Joe. If you ever need anything, someone to talk to, someone to hangout with, you know how to get ahold of me! Don't be a stranger, I miss you lots!
  • Well keep busy. Thats all I could do to keep my head straight... I couldnt imagine him leaving now with our daughter being 5 1/2 and glued to him...
  • I'm here if you need me girl!! It's not so bad. I refinanced our house, took care of everything that breaks, took care of 2 cars and all the bills. I was pregnant and dealt with a 3 yr old, then had a baby...all alone. Your strong and you'll be ok!! Tell Joe to stay safe and thank you for what he does!
  • @sands3 thanks mama!! its hard being mommy and daddy and the tool man taylor fixing everything under the sun. refincanced huh? that sounds exciting. idk what that means really, is it better or worse then when you finanaced it?
    @momma_tiffay speaking of when are we all getting together? and yes anal has a new friend her name is trixie..aka trick treat lol she is 15 weeks old beagle weve had her since she was 6 weeks she is adorable i wanted them in our family pics...im hoping to do that when he comes back.

i just lost my daughter and feel like this is too soon for my backbone too leave ya know? he is flying out of the wire tons of times this time and im completely terrified

@lilbit01_209 i plan to keep busy lol
  • It lowered our morgage payment. I learned how to fix a toilet, change air filters, and many other things this deployment. It sucks!!
  • hahahahahah @sands3 oour mortgage is 782. is and was yours higher or lower? idk if mine is reasonable or not. and yiu fixed a toliet? im proud im not too talented...but i hope nothing major happens otherwise ima have to call my dad to drive 9 hrs or borrow your husband lol. or kristas or natashas or tiffanys lol or i could just use you bc you bacame a pro this year
  • Just tell yourself god wouldnt give you anything you couldnt handle. It takes a very strong and indepent woman to be a military spouse. Be proud of what you and your husband are doing for this country. Plus us other military wifes are here for you if you need it. I can help with car problems but if ya need to fix a toilet you better call ^ cuz thats something i cant do lmao
  • Lol! Your morgage is good!! Ours is still higher than that. Rates were up when we bought :( I'm sure Mike wouldn't mind helping if you needed anything. And the toilet wasn't bad, just running.
  • @kindell well i went threw a rough pregnancy, burying my daughter, dealing with my over rambukcious 3 year old and now to start this year off my husband leaves. im totally overwhemled but i trust that god knows what hes doing with us. thanks!!
  • @sands3 whats your interest rate? ours is 4.0 i heard that was good, i been googling like crazy bc buying a bouse is like signng your life away lol
  • I'm sure it does feel so soon, and wow with all u have going on! Just wanna say congrats on the house & car too. But know we're all here!! For u girl!! We know you're strong but sometimes it's just a lot to take on. And you're worried on top of it all! I haven't had kids but I've been through loving someone deployed & I have so much respect for u and the others wives! I'll be praying for his safety & for u as well... God bless America!!!! <3
  • If the past few months have showen you anything ita that you can handle anything :-) btw we dont have a mortage but my rent is 1300 a month :/
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 your like the most upbeat person iver ever had the pleasure of....knowing...lol id looooooove to meet you!!!
    @kindell ok. 1st yes they have and 2nd :O 1300 a month wth!! do you live in a palace???
  • I don't remember what our rate is now. I think its 4.75 or something around there.
  • ok that makes me feel better lol @sands3 im kinda upset, joe has been on the hone for HOURS it bothers me bc his family only calls him like the day beofre he leaves and it pisses me off bc uh hello id like to spend time with him and he has been on the ophone and didnt get a chance to play with lil joe tonight!!
  • Hell no i wish my hubby is an e6. So not so much. We live in a 2/2 apt. Thats it. No joke.
  • Were are y'all stationed? My hubs an e5. What's yalls bah? Ours s 1200 I know in Cali its 1800 . We live in 3/3 house we just bought and ours is 782 we did live in 2/2. Apt and it was 633
  • Its 1680. Macdill afb in florida
  • Haven't been on for a few days. I hope your goodbyes are going OK!! Hell be home sooner than you know it :-) .
  • -hugs- it'll pass by quick!!! Especially with your little man and furry babies keeping you busy. Plus us preglies will be here for you too :) but wishing I was stationed where your at so I can keep ya busy too!!!
  • Im not a military wife but i wanted to post to just say how amazing you ladies are! :-) in my opinion it takes one strong woman to be a army wife. much love and respect to you all and to your men who do such great work x
  • @lyndsay1983 its ok! I don't care, my husband along with most marines would be pissed if they were called Army. Lol
  • Ahh well i understand that :-) either way I've got alot of respect for you guys and All areas of the armed forces/ military :-D think i coverd it there lol @sands3