Has anyone donated their lo's clothes

edited January 2012 in Just for Fun
My son has a lot of clothes that doesn't fit and I'd like to donate it to someone who really needs it. Any ideas who I can donate it to?
@excitedforoctober
@mrsthompson34
@txmommy93011
@myheartzx3

Comments

• I give to Goodwill.
  • There's a place called 1st life or 1st way or something to that effect where I had to go to get my "official" pregnancy test before the prenatal office would see me since I didn't have insurance. They give out lots of stuff to people who need it like diapers, formula, clothes, etc. so I donate to them since they don't seem to get a lot. It's completely staffed by volunteers. I like to give back to them bc they helped me when I first found out I was pregnant. They were very caring and I appreciated that since I showed up bawling my eys out lol I get enfamil checks in the mail and since I use similac, I use the enfamil checks on cans of liquid formula and give it to them, as well as my unused diapers. As for clothes, I don't donate them. I've space bagged them for my next child. But anything after that that is in good shape, I'll once again donate to this place. Maybe if there's a women's shelter near you you could do that? Or like @sands3 said, there's always good will/salvation army. Sorry this is a novel...but I feel strongly about this :-)
  • @mam082711- Good idea I'll have to look for a women's shelter in my area. I thought about goodwill or salvation army but they just turn around and sell it.
  • I was wondering the same thing too, if u find a good place let me know :)
  • I actually just gave some clothes to my cousin that just had a lil girl but normally I give it to the resource center.
  • i worked for goodwill and they act like they give to people but really they are about themselves they fired me because my materinty leave was up the day befor i was released by the docs
  • @juliansmommy maybe ask your OB if they know of one? Or call your social services office? Idk who to ask bc I've heard that most women's shelters are not made very public bc they don't want the men to be able to find them as most are abused women leaving a bad situation. Idk how true that is though, I could totally be making that up.
  • @excitedforoctober- will do buddy:)
    @mrsthompson34- see I wish I knew someone I could give it to. What's the resource center?
    @skysma-I've actually heard that from a lot of people.
    @mam082711- That makes sense, I'll make some phone calls tomorrow. Btw you're son is so handsome:)
  • Thank you :-) @juliansmommy yours is too. Such a sweetheart in that pic.
  • We have a resource center here & they actually give the clothes or shoes out to the needy such as the homeless ppl. They dont resell ur things :)
  • edited January 2012
    I gave alot of my clothes to them when I got preggo BC u know I already live out a box so u know I dont have room so I pack stuff up n give it away n make room for new things lol but I did keep some clothes in a storage bin just incase I have another girl lol.
  • @mam082711-thank u:)
    @mrsthompson34-but ur gna have a boy next time.lol
  • I give away and donate my kids clothes. I usually give away the nicer ones to friebds n fam but donate the rest to big brothers big sisters
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @myheartzx3-thats another place I should call.
    @rileyandme- it sure does feel nice to pay it forward:)
  • Lol ohhhh yeah, im having a boy ;) hahaha :))
  • Wouldnt it b funny if they had a thizz face lmfao??? I had got ur email about the Mac dre song lol.
  • @mrsthompson34- Great idea we do need a thizz face smiley...maybe we should email martin to add one...lmfao
  • I been donating to them for years but found out they go to savers to be sold lol so I wanna look for somewhere else that they give it to people who need it
  • Well my cousin's pregnant with a boy so I just gave her all his newborn and as soon as he grows out of his 0-3 I'm giving it to her lol :)
  • Look for small places in your city. We have place called without a crib that donate to people who can't afford stuff. They don't sell it, just donate.