Ways to kill nausea...any ideas?!

edited January 2012 in First Trimester
So I've just started to get boughs of nausea...and it sucks! With my son I was so sick that I couldn't get out of bed for days, eat or drink anything up until I was 18/19 weeks...I really don't want it to happen again.

What are some good home remedies for nausea? Crackers do not work for me. :(

I haven't been to the market in weeks..so I don't really have a lot on hand. The only thing I've heard that works well is the suckers from Babies R Us..but it's almost 11:30 at night here, and won't be able to get any until tomorrow..or at least I'm hoping!

Any input will be greatly appreciated...I'm willing to try anything to keep from throwing up!

Comments

• Ginger ale?
  • The only thing that helped me was zofran but I had severe nausea.
  • Crackers, even wheat crackers worked for me :) hope you feel better
  • @mamalove i hate ginger ale :(

@BentleysMommy716 I think that's what I'm going to have to get...I have severe nausea as well...I just hope it doesn't happen with this one!
  • @ericak22 I hate soda and don't drink it at all, but ginger ale was the only thing to settle my stomach, and I could only drink diet not regular. I know you said crackers don't work...but did you try eating some before getting out of bed in the morning? Sometimes that worked for me. The suckers from BRU didn't work for me. They taste good though lol I never vomited, only had nausea. It sucks :-( hopefully it's over with after 1st tri!
  • Eat a few crackers before getting out of bed
    Ginger ale with lemon in it
    Preggo pops
    Always having something in your tummy (eat constantly throughout the day even if you don't want to)

I hope you find relief. I was puking my entire pregnancy. Even meds
  • My cousin had it bad she carried a bag of lemons and would smell it when she started to get sick... she said it worked... I ate crackers and sprite
  • @mam082711 I tried ginger ale my last pregnancy, and it only made me feel more nauseated. I even tried the crackers before I got up in the mornings, nothing seemed to work for me. So I'm hoping it doesn't happen this time. Yeah I was reading reviews about the suckers...everyone said that they didn't help them, and that they were just really sweet.

@natashalynn I've been trying to eat around the clock so I my blood sugar doesn't get low, but it's hard finding time to eat with a 6 month old lol I'm just wondering if I start getting really sick will my midwife prescribe me zofran or phenegran to stop the vomiting.
  • @mommimisha i did that the last time with the lemons..it helped some, but didn't keep the vomiting at bay..my whole face smelled like a lemon for days after I stopped with them. lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rileyandme I'm not a fan of soda's but I will give that a try!
  • Haha.. I can only imagine... hmmmm bread?

@rileyandme coke helped me when ihad trapped gas LOL
  • Preggie pops & sea bands
  • Bitter tea helped...but didn't take it away. Medicine is the only thing that worked for me as well... :-/
  • Zofran was my life saver I have no clue what I would have done without it. It was literally instant relief for me.
  • Try mentos lemon gum! It comes in a snap pack thing lol. It helped me so much!
  • you can chop up ginger root & put it in warm ginger ale and drink it like that or sometimes nibbling on the ginger root or simply smelling it can work
  • edited February 2013
  • Bananas and ginger nut biscuits really help but I also use prescribed buckastem aswell x
  • Preggie Pops.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sip on fresh lemon juice and water mixed.
  • I used zofran. Phenegran makes me extremely drowsy. The sour preggie pops worked if I took one as soon as I started feeling nauseous.
  • I munched on apples ALL day long w my girls. I got so dang sick, it was the only thing that could keep it somewhat tamed. I had to wake up during the night even and eat a few bites.
  • @mommyof3girls...I've been munching apples lately..and they seem to do a good job at keeping the nausea at bay...and I just happened to run out of them today!

@armywife0529 I don't think I'll be able to take phenegran taking care of a 6 month old...i've taken it twice before and it knocked me on my ass, and I slept for a solid 15 hours.
  • Sounded weird to me but it worked, lemonade.
  • Lying on your left side, eat sometging before you get out of bed in the morning, take your time to get up too! At the minute I have no nausea, when i did i ate ginger nuts (UK) don't know if all countries have them lol
  • Some good old fresh air
  • @Heather3rdgirl lemonade worked for me too, I just don't have any lemons at the moment!

@wendylouise I don't know what ginger nuts are, but I'll google them and see if there here in the US.

@yummymummy1 fresh air seems to help as well...I just wish it wasn't so cold outside!