reality is hitting :(

edited January 2012 in Military moms
My hubby is leaving for basic in 2 weeks, I'm gonna hate not hearing from him... I'm already crying about it. Anyways he gets outta basic in June luckily my dad can take me to his graduation :D

Anyways our nephew was born a week ago and it hit us both that we want another baby, of course now is too early (daughter is 2mo) but we are thinking maybe later this year like in November or December? What do you all think. My daughter was born in October. Idk I want one and them to be close in age ;but I know my mom and our families would freak even though he will be a ranger and we wont need their help at all. I'm torn between what him & I want and making my family happy ...

Comments

• @teeniemommy Maybe just wait and decide then if the time is right for you both. I understand wanting your families to be happy, but you do have to make yourselves happy first. I dont not think having another baby right away is a smart choice with your hubby leaving for basic. The only reason I am saying this, and this is just my opinion and previous experiences, is that things do not always go as planned. ESPECIALLY when it comes to things regarding the military, they do what they want, when they want, and what he plans to do or be does not always work that way. My husband has been in the Army National Guard since he was 19, and he just turned 25 and his 6 year contract is up in February. We are both very thankful that he is done, he is not continuing and it has been a very LONG road, we got together right when he came back from basic training. We both graduated college while having our first child and our first year of marriage is when things took a huge turn in our life. It was not necessarily bad, but it was not the way we planned. He was graduating college and becoming an officer and LT and then planning to go off to ranger school. He was at PT one morning and fell and twisted his ankle, you know the military, just keep running. So that is what happened for months and he couldnt take it anymore so finally went to a doctor. All of his ligaments were torn, and a whole mess of other problems with it. Long story short, two surgeries later, a lot of phycial therapy, lots of medical bills, and a big fight with the army later he is finally going to be done with it all. They kicked him out of his college program ROTC so he graduated college but was not allowed to continue on his military career. He could not become an officer since he did not graduate ROTC. The military would not release him though medically and made him wait it out two more years, and they would not promote him though because he could not pass a PT test. His ankle has a huge scar from under the bottom of his foot and cut up to his knee, all of his ligaments were rerouted up his leg and they had to put two screws in his ankle. Since he has metal screws in him he can not be sent over seas (thankfully) but they will not promote him or let him do anything else since he is not deployable. It has been a very long struggle and hard for him becuase he wanted to do the military for life and he was going to go active duty after graduating college. He now has a screwed up ankle that is painful in cold weather and a nasty scar and is now a 70% disabled American Veteran. We are very thankful that nothing worse happened though and him not having to go to war. The point of all of my rambling is just that he may plan to become a ranger in the army and you wont need your parents help, but you are not guaranteed that will all happen. It would be easier in the long run to wait a little bit and be more settled and have his military career established before getting pregnant again and having something happen. Some people do not even make it past basic training, some get hurt or something happens and they are kicked out, so he has a long way to go before becoming a ranger. Good luck with which ever path you guys choose!
  • I agree with @my2boys

My husband is a ranger left for basic last february and is still gone... things don't always go as planned, and our experience is a prime example.
  • DoNOT make a decision from our family! It should only be about your husband and yourself's opinion. My hubby started training in august and was supposed to grad in December, but got hurt and had to come home for thirty days in Nov. He went back December third but could only stay till Dec eighteenth because they don't train anyone from then till Jan fourth. Well we just got word today that he has two weeks to strengthen his ankle and then will get his rtd (return to duty). So then hell graduate march 9th. The first time around we had to go 6 weeks without any communication and let me tell you it was so hard. The best part is the hotel room after all that time apart with no communication. Its so amazing to just feel each others skin and to look at all the changes in them. Then the sex is absolutely amazing :-) . I can't wait to do it again though it saddens me thinking about not talking to him again for a while.
  • Oh and @My2Boys is right. Because of the training delays from getting ghurt he won't meet her till about a month to a month and a half after she's born. Never count on things to go right being a mil wife.
  • My husband is deployed. Our daughter was born in Oct. She didn't make it so when he gets back in August were going to try again. We also have a 3 yr old