so much for my routine!

edited January 2012 in Parenting
Been planning how to work a bedtime routine for Evie around my husbands nightshifts as baby is in our room at the mo n he doesnt wake up until nine. anyway,long story short, bath bottled and burped, lovely, she fell into a deep sleep in my arms so i took her to bed n put her in her crib. all hell let loose 5 mins later, but as soon as i pick het up shes back to sleep and every time ive put her back in the crib tonight she starts howling.i cant understand how im meant to get herinto a routine or let her set herself to sleep if allshe does is scream when i try n settle her to bed. shes 9 weeks.

Comments

• I've read to put the baby down when they are drowsy, not asleep. My son is 9 weeks, he usually falls asleep while I'm feeding him, but slightly wakes up when I lay him down. I just pat his belly for a sec, tell him goodnight, and leave the room.
  • My friend said to put a blanket below them so its not the cold crib sheet.. My son stays out when I put him in it now like that.
  • My son used to hate his bassinet until I layed a t-shirt of mine in there that I wore, I spray it with my perfume that I always were a cpl hours before he goes to bed and now he sleeps completely through the night in his bassinet, he's 8 weeks old