I had my handsome prince ♥12-11-11♥

edited January 2012 in Birth Stories
I know that I am about a month late but here is my labor story!

On 12/10 we went to pick up the baby's furniture that my family ordered for us. When we got home, my boyfriend and I put the crib and changing table together (mind yu I am 37 wks prego at this point). He was trying to tell me to stop but of course I dnt listen. So at about 10 pm I stopped and went to bed. Oh yea we did the "DO" lol. I started having contractions about every three minutes but not that intense so I just went to sleep. When I went to my 36 wks appt my dr told me that I was closed and long. Ok so at 3:09 am on 12/11 I was laying in bed when I felt a pop and a gush!! I woke up my bf and told him that my water broke and to go call my mom. My mom came in the room and she tells me to call the dr, so I do and he tells me to go to l&d. By the way I had not finished packing my hospital bag but come to find out I didnt need anything really anyway. So we leave and go to l&d, we get there at about 4 am. When I get to l&d they send me to the triage unit to check me for active leaking. So I get into a room at about 4:15 am and the nurses come in and check me again and start the iv. I wasnt dialated at all still closed and long, no contractions. So at about 6am they gave me medicine orally to start contractions and hopefully open me up. I started having contractions not painful until about 10 am and I just couldnt take anymore (yes ima whimp) so at about 10:45 am I got my epidural. After that I was fine but still not progressing as quickly as they wanted me to, so they told me that I might have to have a c-section. I said anything yu can do to get the baby out safely. So they started pitocin but everytime I would have a contraction the baby's heartrate would drop so they were getting concerned. Also the baby was face up and he had his hand on his head and the dr said that vaginal delivery may be out of the question. So they kept checking me about every 1 or so and I was still progressing slow. At about 5:30 pm they checked me again and I was 5cm. So at 5:45 pm they took me into the surgery unit for my c-section. At 6:12 pm my precious baby boy was born.

Ahmad Makai Jalloh
12/11/11 @ 6:12 pm
6lbs 2oz 19 1/4 in

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments