calling all military moms! help!

edited January 2012 in Military moms
Ok so my hubby just got in afgan at 11 yesterday morning ... he left his flip flops, cover(hat), and sunglasses ... idk what else to put in there! HELP!!!

Comments

• Sorry...I'm sending him a care package lol
  • Also sending him more green shirts and thick socks!
  • Ugggg what is he going to do without sunglasses! LOL.
  • @kyliemommie I have no idea!!!! Lol I guess go blind!!! Hahaha
  • How about some of his favorite snacks? Also, I am not trying to be mean...but talking about troop movements is a huge OPSEC violation. ...this is a public forum that anyone can read...just trying to keep our troops safe.
  • @Ashley_smashley this isn't my first deployment. You can't talk about there were abouts during transition. You can way anything you want once they're there unleas there on missions I been a military fir quite a few years, I'm not a rookie just looking for new ideas, but thanks!
  • Say**
    Military wife for**
  • Favorite snacks! Pictures to keep him smiling :)
    Maybe have your son draw something special for him.
  • Please, please please fart in a pickle jar, screw the lid on it and write "with love, from Anal... and I DON'T mean the dog ;)"
  • @pattymelts HAHAH HAHAH HAHAH yes!
  • I sent my hubby cheezy stuff like red boxers covered in hearts and singing toys.. things that melt dont do well but I would get ramen and hard candies sent to me when I was there.
  • Hard candy! He loves those chewy sprees! I think for V day I'm get him one of those singing things lol. Thanks!!!
    @lilbit01_209
  • @kristaf22 my undies ....was that Scott's idea??
  • @kristaf22 you dirty girl you!"
  • Make some cookies!! And some naughty pictures!!
  • My husband is there and says its FREEZING!!!! He was having me send some of the thermal pants and tops to wear under his uniform. Oh baby wipes are a plus since the showers are cold. Extra socks and underwear are always good since laundry is difficult. Poweraid or gatorade powder to pour in water. Any kind of snack food wheat thibs are my hubbys fav!
  • @proudmommy8789 @kristaf22 is coming Thursday for those...(she's taking them lol, not gunna be in them) lol
    @navybabyonway yea more socks and skivys are a must and ill probably put in some baby wipes. He told me he wants a power protector thing and a hard case thigh pistol holder lol.
  • Haha I don't know anything about those lol dh usually stocks up on that stuff before he goes. Although he did forget to pick like 4 or 5 uniforms up from the dry cleaner before he left lol.
  • There's those cards you can record your.own message in.. LOL maybe get him one and when he opens it, jokingly give him.shit about forgetting essentials like sunglasses!! :) (I know I'm late and you prlly already sent the package out Haha)
  • Things to pass the time like cards or puzzle books. A personalized calendar so he can start a countdown. Idk if he is at a FOB but if not then his favorite shampoo/body wash. Lotion so his skin doesn't dry out. Chapstick. Hand and foot warmers to keep him warm on missions. And Dumdum taffies to give out to the little kids!!
  • wow guys!! wish you would of said this like wednesday lol!! i like the perfume idea

@stbmilitarybrat wth is a FOB?
  • Forward Operating Base
  • idk what that is. lol
    @lilbit01_209
  • he is at leatherneck in afgan
  • What @lilbit01_209 said! They have a PX type store so he'll be able to buy shampoo and stuff if he is on one... If not then I would def send him some!
  • oh yeah he has a px and coffee shops lol its like home away from home lol they even have flippin air conditioning and heat lol!! i was shocked
    @stbmilitarybrat
  • That's awesome!! (( That he has some comforts, obv not that he is away :( ))
  • We had burger king when I was there in 03-04 and my hubby had a coffee shop and baskin robbins when he was there in 07-09. But it depend on where you are.
  • Well when my hub was there 10-11 they were in tents and didn't have shit, but now they git pizza hut coffee shops AC and heat barracks a px and everything they have an SDO office or w/e its called and can make free 20 min calls a day!! They did all this in like 7 months!
    @lilbit01_209