How Much

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
How many mL of tylenol do you give a two month old that weighs 14lbs 4oz

Comments

• Call the doc, I dont remember the amount, but my doctor said to give my 4 month old the lowest dosage on the dropper.
  • 1.25 or 2ml depending on the reason
  • @kayycarter .... Whoa 1.25 is waaaay too much. It's the lowest amount on the dropper which is 0.4 ml ONLY!

Remember our babies are virgins to meds and they have little bodies.. they only need the bare minimum.
  • 12-17lbs is 2.5ml but I would call your pediatrician to make sure it's okay.
  • My son is 10 weeks and weighs 12lbs 11oz. Our doctor told us its 2.5ml but it depends on the type of tylenol because the dosage has changed. She gave us a chart that explains it all. Hope this helps!
  • My doc said to use the package info to determine the amt per lb... I hope I dont confuse you but (for example) if it says 5ml for up to 35lb (use the highest weight given) divide 5ml by 35 to get aprox .14 per lb then multiply by weight child is. My son was 10lb so we gave him 1.25 (easier to read on dropper)
  • @RockiesPurple I have the same chart and it hasn't changed.
  • Btw: this was one of the new concentrations so make sure your doc/advisor knows the concentration of the meds.