Incision infected? WARNING pic included tmi

edited January 2012 in Health
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/junebuggbabie85/2012-01-10170750.jpg it looks like my c section is infected it's been six weeks and I'm still getting this like discharge out of the side of it. I had stitches and they used a glue well the put too much glue on one side and it healed around the glue well when the glue finally fell out there was a hole so wer put a butterfly band aid on it and it closed up but it's red and still hurts and has this stuff coming out of it. I go in for my six week on friday but I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes it definitely looks infected. With my oldest son I got a staff infection on the inside part of my incision, I was so pissed. I was like how do you get an infection on the inside... I blamed it on the docs and hospital bc it had to be from when they stitched me back up. They had to use something to suck stuff out of it and then they put those strips on it, I had to use an ointment, and take an antibiotic. It healed up fast though and had no problems since.
  • It doesn't look infected.
  • Mine looked like that. I would get some discharge out of it. The dr checked it and even squeezed it. He said the discharge was not infection. But mine looked exactly like that. I would post a pic but i just deleted it last week.
  • It looks normal to me but pic kind of blury
  • edited January 2012
    Mine looked horrible but it wasn't infected. It looks fine now
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Normally i wouldn't post a picture this personal but im trying to help.
  • Its something called "saroma". Its common after surgeries. I had it bad, went to OB cause I also thought infection. She squeezed a lot out, painful! Let it air dry/out often. Dont cover it with bandages or anything.
  • Mine got infected twice yours looks ok to me does it stink?
  • Yours doesnt look infected to me. Mine was really red and hot to the touch plus the goo that came out of the incesion smelt like bleach. To help with the discharge try really warm wash cloth then push it out. I know it will hurt but it will help then let it air dry. Also if you do have to put clothes over it make sure to put a pad on it to keep it from getting on your clothes
  • I also ran a fever and had night sweats.
  • It doesnt look infected to me. Ive had 2 csections & it looked like that both times. If it has an odor than you should def.get it checked though
  • @steph_due_101611 thank you seeing yours makes me feel better about mine I was worried about the big red section but you have one too. @everyone it doesn't stink or anything thank you
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never thought i would post it up. I had deleted it from PhotoBucket but it was in my phone still.
  • It doesn't look infected mine got infected and out smelled bad. All they did was clean it out air dry it and give me antibiotics. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
  • Uggg now it's bleeding!