Should I stay or should I go?

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
Should I stay or should I go to work that is?
Prior to getting pregnant I was working 3 jobs/ 2 careers, nice change of pace. Now I'm on maternity leave for 4 months and deciding if I should return to work.
I love my daughter, but at times I feel confined to the house being a domestic goddess. I get stir crazy and feel responsible for all chores at home and no adults to talk too.
Financially, I don't have to return to work, however I'm used to making my own money. I also like work interactions and using my skills.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• Can you just do part time?
  • My suggestion would be to go part time aswell. Gives you independence and adult time without missing out on alot of lo
  • I agree, if you can do part time go for it :)
  • I can do part time I guess. Have to talk to my employer...and family to babysit, they are unreliable. Thanks.
  • I know how you feel about being cooped up in the house and out of touch with the world. I'm going to start a part time job tomorrow, but luckily I have my mother to watch baby since she doesn't work. I say go back and see how you feel. It might cheer you up to get out and about every now and then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @misspregger6989 you are lucky that you have your mom. My mom said she would watch my daughter but she has enough on her plate taking care of my dad, grandmother and 96 year old aunt. Gesture was nice though. Hehe. Sounds like part time may be a strong consideration.