Trying rice cereal tonight

edited January 2012 in Food
So tonight I'm gonna give naliyah some rice cereal for the first time...lets see how this goes I'll update later when she wakes up

Comments

• my bby loved it :) I started at almost 4 mo
  • @naliibby2 my baby will be 4 months on the 29

@preggointx thanks girl
  • Nyla didnt like it :( she really didnt like the spoon feeding part. But i gave it to her in a bottle she took it but she kept making ugly faces like it was grose.
  • @MrsThompson34 yea imma give it to naliyah in a bottle
  • Oh okay, let me kno how she likes it. I bet shes gona give u the stinky face lol
  • MY LO HATED IT SHE WANTED FOOD WITH FLAVOR HER FAV. IS PEAS..THEY SAY NOT TO GIVE RICE CEREAL IN A BOTTLE KUZ THEN THEY WONT LEARN HOW TO FEED NORMAL AND THEN THEY WONT WANT IN A BOWL ONLY THE BOTTLE
  • Well she took it just fine...I mixed 1tbsp of rice cereal with about 2oz of breastmilk @MrsThompson34

@M_STAR925 hummm I never heard of that thanks for the info
  • @m_star925 ive heard of that about the whole bottle & bowl thing but not the flavor part. I gave my daughter cereal in a bowl First but she kept spitting everything out n took the cereal in the bottle fine
  • My little man got oatmeal for the first time tonight and he LOVED it!! Little piggie he is!! Hehe. I did it in a bowl and he would 'crocodile' the spoon. (Kinda push up and 'snap' it) lol... I only did 1 tsp though in about 1 oz cause I didnt want to give too much yet.
  • He will be 3m tomorrow.
  • My daughter loves it !!! I ran out last nite cuz I thought I had another box so I had to give her jus formula an at Evry feeding she wuld only eat a ounce an was done lol I was at the grocery store first thing this morning lol now she's bak to sucking down the whole 4 oz Haha
  • My lo is 3mos today and w started food last week. Sweet potatoes first and now we're on peas. She seems to like peas better. I only give her like 10 small bites. 1 container could last 5/6 feedings but i discard after 2. The first feeding goes in the bowl so we don't get germs in the container.
  • @MrsThompson34 my daughter did the same the first time she kept spitting it out but she just needed practice she got it the 3rd time now she opens her mouth and i meant my baby just needed flavor since she mixed lol..@newmomma13 your welcome
  • I didnt give her any cereal yesterday, i might try again today but my Baby gets full off milk so do u think she needs cereal?? @m_star925 ohh wat is ur Baby mixed with???
  • @MrsThompson34 she blk and im central american
  • @MrsThompson34 she usually drinks 5oz but wen i give her food i give her 4oz and shes satisfied
  • Oh i see, shes sooo cute :) my daughter only drinks 3oz n gets full & shes 15 weeks. How old is ur Baby @m_star925
  • @MrsThompson34 most babies don't need cereal unless diagnosed with severe reflux it can help keep milk down even then their are other options. People now give cereal just bc eveyone else does. It has zero nurtitional value, is tasteless, stretches out their bellies, they can't digest it properly under 5 mos, and it replaces actual nutritional milk. Oh and its been linked to allergies, obesity, and diabetes. You should def not give it yet bc your baby fills up on milk if you give cereal they won't get as much milk and therefore will miss out on important nutrition. Also giving it in a bottle is a choking hazard. Some parents give to babies so they sleep longer which isn't necesarilly good for the baby. I won't give my lo cereal bc I think its pointless and doesn't have any positives for baby but if you do just wait it doesn't seem like your lo is ready.
  • Jacks Dr suggested I give him some in his bottle. He's only 10 weeks. I gave him just a little last night and he drank it up! I also started formula yesterday. He loved it so much, he got really mad when the bottle was empty. Lol. Since he's still so young, I don't plan to give it to him all the time. Maybe once per day.
  • edited January 2012
    @diverwfe thank u for the info :) i just thought i would try giving it to her just for that day only bc lately Nyla has been watching me & her daddy eat. But my daughter does get full off of 3oz & she hated the cereal & her pedi did tell me that she doesnt need anything other than my breastmilk til shes six months. Thank u again hun
  • I just started my LO on Monday, he will be four months on Friday. I forgot how much work it is for them to get used to eating off a spoon haha. It is not that it is work, but I forgot how they dont understand and it takes them a while. IMO you might want to get her to eat it off a spoon instead of putting it into a bottle, because they need to learn to take it off the spoon and learn how to swallow (they like to keep pushing it out with their tounge). I'm not sure but I would figure the longer they eat it in a bottle the harder it would be to get them to take it off a spoon. Once you start feeding her with a spoon you will understand what I mean, or maybe it is just my babies who do that with a spoon haha.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for all the info ladies
  • @MrsThompson34 thank you shes 4 months..and your daughter is adorable!
  • I have been giving mine for about a week now because when your 2 month old its still acting like she is hungry after eating 10 Oz then that's when I started.. But she likes it alot hope yours does to
  • So when should I start feeding my outlet man baby food he's 13 weeks??? I just started putting cereal in his bottle at 12 weeks...