Membrane sweep stories

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
Im hopefully having mine done friday. But my dr said if its going to work ill be in labor 24 hours after its done. I was just wanting some of your alls stories if it worked what can you do to help it work etc.

Comments

• I had it done one time with my son, labour started 2.5 days later, I had 2 done with ny daughter and labour started 1.5 days after the second one
  • I went in to my appt at 3 something. The midwife stripped my membranes And it hurt like hell but that's how u know they're doing it right. Anyway... I started bleeding right after and having irregular mild contractions. Later that night I started having more painful contractions And around 11pm I decided it was time to go! Killer contractions 3 min apart! I stopped progressing at 6 cm so they gave me pitocin and i Had my 9 pound 12 ounce baby boy (Carter) at 10:45 the next a.m.
  • I had them swept with my son, and it did nothing. :(
  • Thank you all!
  • I had it done & still had to be induced a week later. ..and after 30 hours of labor my princess was here. .ouch!! Lol
  • Had it done @ 38 weeks... delivered at 41 weeks...
  • I had mine done at 37 weeks and delivered at 39, did not help!
  • Had it done at 37+3 when I was stuck at 2cm. He wanted to see me next day to check progression and cause he wanted to keep an eye on me cause he thought I might be leaking fluid. Went in had exam and was a "loose 3" which he said was almost a 4?? But anyways he took swab cause he again thought I was leaking. He said "get dressed I will go check this slide to see if it fluid or not an I will be back in to talk to you." I stood up put on my gym shorts and as soon as I slid on my flip flops my water broke all over floor. It had been 23hrs from my sweep and that was at 3:30pm. My daughter was born at 11:30pm that night.
  • I had mine at 9am on a fri and labour started 230 am on the sunday
  • Mine worked in 36 hours really 24 but I labored at home for 12