Cereal!

edited January 2012 in Ages & Stages
My little boys 4 months old everyones telling me to feed him cereal but how much? And should I put it in his bottle? A friend told me to start feeding him with a spoon should I?

Comments

• I started mine @ almost 4mo.. I could tell she was ready... I started wit a sooon n she dud greaattt!! I gave her only a couple spoon fulls @ first.. she eats it once a day.. I'm starting sweet patatoe tomorrow.. she now eats 2 && a half (formula scoop) full eaxh feeding.. my.bby is a chubbster tho!!
  • Do you feel he needs it, or are you only doing it because people are telling you too?
    If he doesn't need it then you could probably hold off, but if you think he's ready then go for it.
    I started my daughter out with half a scoop in a bottle just to help her be a bit more filled during the nights. Then eventually gave it to her in a spoon along with other foods. The bottle was pretty much the same texure as straight formula. My friend started her son out with a spoonful or two at a time. Which ever you wanna try :)
  • Okay so we only give them a spoon full thats it? Okay wasn't sure how much to give him of cereal
  • @naliibby2 can you explain to me how much formula to add and how much to give him I know hes ready and what can I expect from feeding him the first time
  • yeaa the first time only a spoon full or teo.. see how he reacts... after that I started giving mine 2(formula) scoops full with hot water.. she eats it all sooo fast!!!! then I give her 2oz milk after..shes a chubbsterr !!
  • @naliibby2 haha aww :)
    How many times did you give her cereal a day?
  • And how much cereal did you put in hers when u put 2 scoops
  • just once a day.. usually around noon. after shes had her morning bottle already.. I put 2 scoops cerial n hot water..
  • @naliibby2 oh okay 2 scoops of cereal and 2 scoops of formula thank you!
  • well I just put hot water in n stir until its the texture I want.. not necessarily 2 scoopss.. I give her 2oz bottle after
  • @naliibby2 this stuffs confusing :D