Crybaby???

edited January 2012 in Babies
I just had a death in my family and everyone met at my deceased aunt house. I took my 4 month old and he cried from the time we came to the time we left! I couldn't comfort him and my mom and other family members tried no luck, he just looked at everyone and cried. I tried to sit away from people but he would turn to see them and cry? I know he is very attached to me and daddy and sometimes he allow close family members to hold him but he seems so scared around strangers but usually when we pick him up he is fine but not that day! Anyone else baby seem terrified of certain people? How do you get your lo use to other people? When do they grow out of it? Most people think he is a crybaby but he really not! He is a happy, playful baby at home.

Comments

• Baby may very well have picked up on the grief and stress your family is going through during your loss. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sure he is a wonderful baby who was having a bad day. :(
  • @LilSugarsMomma Thanks...My dad said that when we told him what happened I tried taking him outside n he looked at the people outside and cried. One day we were eating out he was in his stroller and a man came up and told him hi and he screamed the man start apologizing I said its fine I felt bad b/c the man was only being nice his daddy picked him up n later the man n his family stopped by our table while daddy was holding him n I can tell he was scared but didn't really cry.

I feel bad for taking him to my aunt now but they never met him and that probably was a first and last for most of them...
  • My friend was killed a few weeks ago I was very sad my son sensed it and was extremely whiney...if that is how u spell it
  • It takes my daughter a lil while to warm up to people... she likes who she likes but NO MALES... she cries everytime she see's my male cousin idk y (she's 2)... n one time we went into a store n this lady (who was not too easy on the eyes) said hi to her n she busrt out crying smh
  • @roomfor1more lol I'm hoping he grows out of it my baby cries with my mom n his father's mom n they will be almost in tears! But ironically he's attached to my mom at her house lol its weird then we will go about 2 wks w/o seeing her n the first time she holds him he cries...

@preggointx I didnt think of that none of the other babies were crying but he was freaked out my aunt has a daughter who just had a little girl 2 months old and I put my baby close to her and said look at your baby cousin and the lil girl looked him in the face and he just burst out crying she tiny lol I was like omg he even scared of the baby!
  • My daughter did this last weekend. We drove 45 minutes to my aunts n she bawled for a hour I tryd everything we ended up leaving BC she was so worked up. When we got home she acted like nothing happened n was all giggles. My aunt has now seen her twice n she's been in tears bth times. I hope this is just a stage... I know how your feeling
  • @Septbabie yes exactly how my baby is! I'm hoping he grows out of it. How old is your baby?
  • I posted about this as well. My baby is 4 months as of yesterday and i first noticed this problem on xmas. She cried at my mil house and my parents house. I thought it was her teething , or eczema bothering her but i now realize that she does this all the time now. I feel so bad for my parents cuz they love her so much and want to hold her so bad but she cries even if they just talk to her. I hope she grows out of it, im worried cuz i go back to work on feb 6th and i think she's gonna have hard time with the transition (my sister in law is gonna watch her but my baby cries when she holds her).
  • @2ndtimearound yes I'm a sahm but I'm also a college student and he will be staying with my mom once spring semester starts. I tried so hard to get him use to my mom b/c I knew that's where he would be, he still cries but he does good with her at her house! I take him over and let her do everything for him so that he is use to her taking care of him and we have even stayed at her house for a week and say we leave on a Friday and she come visit Monday he cries. It hurts her feelings I know she hates to hear him cry. My sil is visiting today I'm wondering how this will go. He hasn't previously really cried with her which irritates the h*** out of me b/c she can come to see him more (she haven't seen him in months) but don't, and my mom would like to see him everyday but can't! Lol
  • @2ndtimearound I'm so glad this is not just my baby it feels good to have people who can relate! Everyone in my life is like "What is wrong with your baby!" "My baby NEVER did that!" And I'm a ftm so I'm like :/ lol!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2012
    Yup what @HomeBirthAdvocate said. My friend first daughter would not go to anyone and wouldn't let anyone touch her or talk to her, she grew out of it, but took nearly 3 years before she grew did. Her second child (daughter) was basically a football. Lol.
  • @veevee wow 3 years!
    @everyone thanks for responding! >:D<
  • Yeah, but she warmed to up to people she would see on a regular basis during those three years.
  • @veevee ok well that's good! Alot of people think it's because I don't take him out much! Did you take your baby out a lot?
  • edited January 2012
    I don't have any kids yet. I helped raise some of my cousin and friends kids, that was my friends daughter and no her mother hardly took her out. That could have been the problem.
  • @veevee aww maybe that's why :/ ... I don't take him out much b/c it's winter he's already had a cold and my cousin baby just got rsv! Now I can't take him no where if I wanted to lol!
  • That could be a factor. I would just invite people over around him to get used to seeing them on a regular basis.

My friends second child was pretty much raised by everybody.
  • @veevee we don't have too many people to invite over I don't have a lot of friends or family n majority of his father relatives stay over 3 hrs away! But I'm going to try to get him out more.
  • Well that's good.