Does anyone know of a good...

Thermometer??
I have two.. she won't take the paci one and the temple thermometer I got from Walmart for $10 gives me different readings .

I need a good accurate one. Suggestions?

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Forehead one is what my doctor uses I have the ear one it isn't very accurate...i have the thermometer pacifier my son hates it the nipple part is longer than a regular pacifier I think it feels awkward to them
  • Rectal thermometers...... She might not like it but it is tge most accurate up til age 2.... But if she like my lo she might look at the doctor n smile while getn her temp took.... Dnt ask idk wat my lo b thinkin but the doc took her temp she looked at her n smiled ear to ear.....
  • edited January 2012
    @mom2ING @vayanna They say that rectal thermometers can harm them if used too much

@preggointx I do want to get that one its soo expensive though :( & yeah I'm pretty sure its longer and awkward for them and it takes forever for a reading.
  • @mom2ING I understand you are 3 weeks away from graduating nursing school but I'm not comfortable with taking her rectal temp. I know that its dangerous and wouldn't take a chance. Thanks for your input though :)
  • I have a "safety first complete family thermometer". It has oral, rectal, and under arm attatchments & reads in 5 seconds. Its great & wasnt very expensive
  • @DavidAadynsMama where did you get it at? & how much was it if you remember :)
  • @mom2ING thanks but no thanks I rather get a forehead one since you said that one is also accurate.
  • I got the Vicks thermometer. it reads in about 6 seconds and they are farely accurate. I like the fact that it doesnt take forever to get a reading because he gets frustrated very fast when I hold his arm down for too long. Rectal temps are the best and most accurate though. I usually only take a rectal temperature if the one under his arm is a little high. Good luck :)
  • @mommylovessparkle I got mine from bed bath & beyond for about 30$ but you can probably find it at walmart etc or order it from amazon. It is a really great digital thermometer. The best ive ever owned
  • @usafwife_21 I was going to get the vicks one before but I wasn't sure about it .

@DavidnAadynsMama thanks :)
  • I agree I'm not comfortable with taking my sons temp rectally either
  • There is a Vicks rectal thermometer that is digital and the tip is only about an inch long so its impossible to go in to far or hurt the baby .. my daughter doesn't even know when I'm checking her temp and really rectally is the only way that's totally accurate; )