Baby overweight?

edited January 2012 in Solid Foods
So @ my daughters 4 mo shots (2wks ago) they did her a physical. Well she,was weighing 19 lbs and the doc told me to absolutely reduce the amount and that,i couldnt start her on any food :( but,she doesnt seem satisfied and if,i put,something in,front of her she opens her mouth...what should I do? Any one on a similar situation?

Comments

• how many ozs does she eat? i honestly dont listen to my pedi about that kindof stuff. if i know shes hungry im going to feed her. my dr told me to keep bfing even tho she wasnt gaining weight cuz she threw up every meal, well i stopped and put her on formula and shes doing awesome. my daughter is 4.5 months and weighs about 17lbs. ur the mommy do what you think is best :)
  • edited January 2012
    I wouldn't worry...my son is two and 20 lbs...my kids are just tall and lanky. He eats and so does my daughter but all kids are different. My friends son is 5 months and weighs the same as my two year old and all she does is bf him nothing else. They grow out of it...sometimes I think Drs go by charts and don't look at anything else...my other friends son was in a size 2T at 6 months old, he is now about 5 years old and tall and skinny...so don't take it to heart...especially if being overweight doesn't run in your family she should even out;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son weighs that much my doctor ok'd solids.but it takes time for them to adjust my doctor did not seem worried
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think you should do what you want, once they start walking they lose it. Just pay attention to how he is growing and keep him rating healthy and staying active as he gets older.
  • Thank u @everyone for all ur advise im gonna give milk the chance but if I see she just absolutely wont fill up ill sart her on solids regardless what doc says :) thank u all again