Got great news today!!!

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
Maddox had to start therapy at 3 weeks old for a stiff neck muscle. We had noticed that he wasn't turning his head to the left. They said that it was probably from being squished in my uterus and that since I caught it so early they didn't think it would leave any damage. So, he has been going to physical therapy and having do exercises at home every diaper change. Well, we went today and there is no longer any tightness to the muscle, his range of motion is perfect, and he no longer has to go to PT. Also, she said that he is doing stuff that they usually don't see them even start trying to do until around 3 1/2 to 4 months old(he will be 3 mo on the 25th). Like, his head control is crazy good, and he is trying to sit up on his own. And when she set him up in front of her...he actually sat on his own without falling over! He is amazing!!!

Now for some scary news. He has a hard knot on his head kind of near his temple. I had noticed it a while back but it had really grown by his 2 month check up. So, I brought it to his peds attention and he had to refer him to a neuro surgeon. He goes next Monday. Because he is so young our doctor wanted the neuro dr to decide what to do and if he needed xrays or any kind of scans. My mom is a surgical tech who works with the nuerologist and he said that he is assuming before seeing him that it is some kind of cyst. If that is what it is they are very common and will have to be surgically removed. Our oldest daughter had one behind her ear when she was 2 and had it removed. So....I am of course freaking out even though I am trying to give it to the Lord and trust in Him for complete healing. It is so scary even thinking about my baby boy having to have surgery on his head. And it has grown since his appt on the 3rd with his ped. So, please keep Maddox in your prayers. Thanks for reading!!!

Comments