feeling unpregnant and disconnected

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Ok ladies...I am officially 13 weeks with my second child. My son is seven and I remember being so connected to my baby. I was married at the time. Now I am a single mom and my ex bf is being the typical lying man and told me to leave him and his wife I never knew about alone. I am over the shock of it all and ok w being a single mom of two. Looking back on my son I felt so in love w him in my womb. This time I still love the baby I just don't feel as connected. I know I have to be both parents and want to love him or her as much as needed. Am I being insecure or is this normal??please help!

Comments

• I think when u start feeling movement ur connection will grow
  • I think it's actually a pretty common feeling, and fear. I'm always scared I'm not in tune with my kid enough. There's all these ladies on here who are talking/reading/singing to their bellies, and I cannot get past the awkwardness of that!
    Now that my kid is flipping, tossing and turning in there, I feel a bit more connected. I've even been able to play with her a little.
    I think everyone connects in their own way, on their own time line.
    I wouldn't stress about it too much! (tho it's always easier said than done!!)
  • Thank u ladies...I appreciate everything. Who knew being prego could invoke so many weird places to go.