what is your daycare policy on....

edited January 2012 in Parenting
What is the sickness policy at your child's daycare. Home daycare or facility. Also, if you work in or run a daycare explain your sick policy. Thanks!

Comments

• My 3 year old goes to an in-home daycare 2 days a week in our neighborhood that is licensed by the state and the policy is she has to be "throw up" free for 24 hours. If she is fine when I drop her off and then she throws up or gets "sick" diharreha I would have to pick her up.
  • My daycare is like @kyliemommie s. As a matter of fact, my daughter got sick on Wednesday and threw up, so I had to go get her and couldn't take her back until I had a doctors note saying she wasn't contagious. I sure do appreciate them doing that, making an effort to not spread sickness is very much appreciated.
  • @kyliesmommie and @lilsugarsmomma how bout other sickness? Like a cold that seems to be getting worse? No fever but lots of not and coughs? Say going on 2 weeks.
  • As long as there isn't a fever and the dr says it isn't contagious then its fine, if they do develop a fever, you have to wait 24 hours after the fever has broken before you let them return. My mom owns a daycare and if the child feels miserable she usually calls the parents, is everything ok?
  • I run a home daycare going on 8 years now. We have a family who's 3.5 year old started here at 7 mos old. They had twins last May and after holding their spots thru pregnancy and maternity leave...they found a sitter who was a bit cheaper. That lasted a couple of months before they begged for their spots back. Well luckily we were able to take them back. However all 3 kids have been sick off and on since they've been back in November. Now they have a cold or something that is getting worse with all 3...I mean they are miserable. They keep saying they are going to take them to the Dr but haven't. My sick policy is pretty standard but I feel if they would keep them home a couple of days with some tlc they could get over it. They drug them out of town last weekend for a baseball convention. I'm just curious what other parents would do and what other providers would do. Sorry so long!
  • Oi, thats a tough one, are the kids acting normal? When they signed up did you give them a policy book? If so what does the book say about it? Those poor kiddos, some people should not have children, drugging them up jusy to go to a baseball thing. If they truely look miserable, tell them they have a week to get to the dr (they can go to the walk in clinic if needed) and if they dont get it done within that week then you're going to start looking for kids to take their spots. That's what i would do.
  • Yep, that's how my daycare operates, like @kimberly4411 said.
  • Yes they have a contract and policy book. My husband was so irritated today because they brought them so stuffy that they can barely drink from their bottles or eat their baby foods. They are super fussy and needy. One of the boys has a huge red spot on his sac...its been there sine before the new year. His whole sac now looks wrong...hard to explain. Another thing he needs to see the Dr for but they still haven't taken him. They didn't used to be like this. I don't know if they're overwhelmed or what. I am going to talk to them today at pick up. I just wanted to see if I was being rude. Parents are the hardest part of my job.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.