any1 with info on the birth control that goes on ur arm??

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
Any sides effects is it a hormonal birth control ? Any info please ??

Comments

• It is a hormonal birth control I got it a couple months ago I had a period that lasted three weeks but haven't had one since I heard heavy bleeding can happen also
  • @stella any other side effects? An an did it hurt getn put n ?
  • It was sore for a couple of days and i've had headaches on and off but i'm not sure if the headaches are from the birth control or lack of sleep but headache are a listed sideeffect I really like mine I am absent minded and couldn't remember pill the Depo shot made me gain a ton of weight the patches kept coming off and the ring made my ibs go into overdrive I really don't have any complaints about this one and I have no worries for three years
  • @stella wow uve tried everythang lol I've only been on the shot an I'm dieting so I'm trying not to take Anythang wit that side effect idk Wat to do :(
  • It works really good the Depo you'll only get your period when your bodies getting adjusted to the shot or when your over due to take your shot again. You'll have to get another shot done every 3 months youll have to go on the scheduled time to get the shot. The first time youget the shot youll have to wait about a week before having sex. Its work really well and u wont get pregnant unless u dont follow the Depo correctly. Ur able to get pregnant again up to a year off the shot. Me it only took 4months off the shot and then i got pregnant so it all depends on you. The shot feels kinda like a mosquito bite it wonthurt much. You wont even feel it once ur used to it... I was on the depo for 2years. Try it I think its better then condoms and pills since condoms and pills are easy to skip on. Good luck. :)
  • @AishaMusa I been on the shot twice lol I was asking about the thing that implants in ur arm lol but great info :D
  • Thats the one im talking about lol but they can give u the shot in your leg also :D I always got it done in my upper arm.
  • @AishaMusa im confused lol I'm talking bout that little piece that they implant in ur arm for 3 years ? Is that Wat ur talkin about ?
  • I wanna get the one that goes in ur arm to after this baby. I heard it was really good. The only bad thing I heard was it makes u gain weight but I think that might different for everyone.
  • It's called implanon. I'm thinking of getting it too.
  • I'm getting in a month or so I'm on the pill right now. My sister also has it. She's had it since July and she has no complaints. Oh and she's loosing weight. She's a sahm
  • @TxMommy93011 really that wuld be great cuz I don't wanna gain any weight in gona talk to my Dr bout it
  • @BabyNumber3ontheway really dont wanna gain weight :( I'm always worried about side effects of everythang lol its good u heard good stuff tho I'm really thinkn bout it .
  • @MichaelsMommy have u heard anything about it ?
  • Yea, that was my only concern. I hate side effects especially gaining weight. Ive only been on the pill & I got pregnant this time being on it so im definatly not getting back on it & im way to scared to get an IUD so Idk..lol
  • @BabyNumber3ontheway u did on the pill dang I jus went an pickd up my pills today but decided not to take them cuz all the side effects an def no iud for me either ! Idk Wat to do either my baby is 12 wks old I want to get on sumthn Shulda already been lol .
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo Yes I've been on the pill since I had my youngest who is now about to be 3 in March & Last August I got the news I was Pregnant at an ultrasound for my ovarian cysts. LOL I was so upset cause I was SO faithful to that pill. Exactly why I don't want to get on the pill again, I'm to scared. Theres way to many bad stories going around about IUD's so Im good on that to & I've heard crazy stuff about the shot so I was stuck till I heard about Implanon & I researched it & I've heard nothing but good (except gaining weight) but like I said its different for everyone & I work out ALOT so I think I'll be okay. LOL hope so anyways.
  • @BabyNumber3ontheway wen I read my pills warning they sed culd be harmful to baby an culd cause birth defects If got pregnant that's Wat made me really say nope I'm not takin them lol I've been on the shot twice an its great jus not the side effects . An my friends iud got implanted in her uterus an she jus chose to get it again I told her she was outa her mind !!
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I was SO nervous when I found out I was pregnant & was taking my pills. My dr said the baby should be okay though since I found out early enough & stopped taking them. IUD's are SO scary. I dont think I would ever get one. Ive heard way to many horror stories. Lol. Defintaly not for me. Heres the website I got all the info at for Implanon if your interested to read it. It has all the side effects, risks, what to expect & all that stuff..

http://www.implanon-usa.com
  • its called implanon. I have it and im get mines taken out because i have wayy yto many side effects. My hair falling out sex drive gone and irregular periods. Like i would bleed for two wks then stop for a few days then back on for a few more days. I would have like two periods a month and i cant deal with that. These periods were too much and i got very moody and i rather go back to nuvaring then deal with this
  • @jay_july1 Omg that's horrible ! Ugh idk Wat to do maybe jus condoms for me :D
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo lol i would do that but my hubby doesnt like putting them on and when we ready to go we ready lol, dont want anything to slow us down :">
  • @jay_july1 Oh wow! That sucks :( Your the first I've heard bad things from it. Its different for everyone though but scary. I hope I dont get that many side effects. UGH. Thats horrible. I hate having one period much less 2 a month & I already have mood swings, I think my husband would kill me if I got anymore moodier. LOL
  • @Jay_july1 lol Haha mine don't either but after 3 kids I don't have much of a sex drive anyway lol I'm wore out by bout 10pm ready to pass out
  • @babynumber3ontheway my doc told me that one out of ten females have bad side effect that they have to get it removed. My ob back in dc didnt tell me this and i thought it was a great choice. Once i moved and had all these side effects i called mynew doc and thats what she told me. I made a forum on here where a few ppl said they had side effects or know someone who did and had to get it removed. My hubby hates it lol he gets pissed and then steps back lol.
    @mrz_jackson2anpreggo lol oh we only have one right now but i get tired with him. Im ready to sleep by 8! Lol
  • @Jay_july1 Wow. That sucks. I have to get on something though cause condoms are a no go for me. LOL the hubby hates them but I DO NOT want anymore kids. Between Mine, His, & Ours..it's to damn much! I was thinking of just getting my tubes tied but I'm way to scared & Circumstances change ya know..what if I change my mind one day & just want one more..LOL you never know so I'm really confused when it comes to BC
  • @Jay_july1 its rough lol ! I have 3 an my oldest is 3 !
  • All birth control has side effects but this one I think is the one for Mr because I'm no good at remembering to take pills at the same time every day.. like everyone else, I hope it dosent make me gain weight like depo did.

Im also getting it because its safe to breastfeed and one of the side effects should be lighter or no periods..
  • @babynumber3ontheway yeah i kno, lol i kno when i had the nuvaring i loved it, i kno exactlt when i was goin have my period and its only for 5 days. I just switch because i thought implanon was better.
    @mrz_jackson2anpreggo wow! I want three but then again idk cus my son is a handful and his only 6 months lol