breastfeeding

edited January 2012 in Breastfeeding
I feel like my breast milk is drying up I'm taking fenegreek pills doesn't seem to help me and now I'm on nueva ring they say it can effect my milk I'm not sure what to do I really want to continue to breast feed my son is almost 7 months

Comments

• Stop the birth control
  • We don't want anymore babies I tried depo and for 6 months I bleed every day and I got pregnancy on the pill with my first. they said because I'm past three months of breast feeding it might not effect it but also my son has a ear infection so I don't know what's going on I'm just getting discouraged
  • Have you thought about the mirena? Its very low hormone so it shouldnt effect your milk... Apart from that I can only suggest pumping between feeds...
  • @tinka1326 My Dr said I couldn't tolerate getting it that I don't do good with a pap. I pump in the morning and he eats every three hrs so I get nothing in between my body is still trying to catch from the feeding before. My goal was to make it to 6 months but want to keep it going
  • Are you worried cause your boobs are soft "empty feeling". The truely never "get empty" ever, while breastfeeding. Your doctor should be supporting your wanting to continue breastfeeding and should find another non conflicting birth control.. try the mini pill and condoms?
  • edited January 2012
    @caroline8_p Yeah my boobs feel soft empty feeling. The last Dr I saw isn't so great with breast feeding knowledge their are three Dr's in that office. Mini pill I probably forget to take and mess it up that's how we got our first. My husbands and me hate condoms rather not have sex lol. I'm trying to find a birth control I would have been fine on depo just bleeding none stop I can't handle it I was on depo before and never had these problems. My hubby is going to get a snip snip but in five years when we are really sure no more babies
  • Getting the mirena put in is certainly not comfortable but it's really not that bad took no longer than getting a pap, had it 2 weeks and havent even had spotting and I was due for my period the day I got it in... If you could grin and bare it, its an option