embarrasing question

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
Well its rather embarrasing but since having my lo almost 3 months ago I have had really bad body odour. Even if im not hot and sweaty my pits are always stinky... Im also ebf... Anyone else had this issue because sometimes even showering doesnt really get rid of it fully

Comments

• me me me! so here is a BUMP & please tag me when you find an answer! I ebf too &am about 2.5months pp..
    what seems to work for me was changing to degree for men deoderent :)
  • Me too. I feel like when I pump I get this weird, musty smell. WTF up with that? I'm glad you posted this thread because I thought it was just me.
  • I pretty much only bf too, just a little formula at night time.
  • @moodymommie @fantastic oh thank god im not alone. Every time I give my partner a hug and wrap my arms around his neck he screws up his face and makes cheeky comments about it lol
    I tried deodorant even my partner's one... Now I just smell like stinky pits and deodorant lol hasnt really helped
  • Lol after i had my Baby i used to smell musty lol & i E-pump. I would Shower & put on deorderant but i would still smell like i didnt Shower which is disgusting. But i dont smell that ordor anymore, thank god.
  • Ahhhh. The joys of breastfeeding. It's hard work making milk. ;)
  • LOL... OMG !

Remember all those hormones that doubled weekly during our pregnancy..

Well...
    From about delivery to around 5-6 months PP your body is constantly trying to dump them. You may notice your discharge or urine extra strong or stinky. Or your body smells a little different. Definitely your sweat smells yucky after sitting... Especially under the goons and in rolls or creases.. And I'm sure you're sweating like crazy with hot flashes.

It's your body dumping those hormones and the only way out is through the discharge, urine and sweat.

Around 5-6 months you should notice it all starting to change.. including your hair will stop falling out or slow sown tremendously.

• I used baby wipes when I noticed the stink and secret clinical stenght deordersnt which is the only thing I found work. I've tried men and womens. Other than that I have no clue.
  • @ynvtish omg your a GENIUS! all these pregnany books STOP at giving hirth & how wonderful the babies are but no one tells you what you just said. I got all those things
  • @ynvtish I dont remember getting any of those problems with my first child but he wasn't bf (maybe that has something to do with it too) its the middle of Summer here and hot as hell but it was driving me crazy that even after a shower I didn't smell clean... Atleast the end is near lol
  • @frantastic just realised I tagged you wrong earlier.... But there is an answer posted here by yvntish :-)
  • Lol I'm only 3 weeks pp and noticed the same! It must be from ebf because this is my third child and first time bfing and this has never happened with my first two
  • I actually googled and it said that breastmilk is produced from ur sweatglands that causes the b o...idk try google it. I google everything lol