my son slept in his crib last night = ) UPDATE at bottom =) night number 2

edited January 2012 in Sleep
I'm sooooooo freaking happy. I think we both slept good especially me. I had room to spread out lol. I'm so proud of my son :)

Comments

• Yay!!! I remember the first night my lo did that!!! Great feeling
  • Yes I feel rejuvinated lol @jay_july1
  • Congrats to you and your baby boy!
  • Thank you @mommyof4boys I told him he was going to be sleeping in his crib like a big boy. That I was only couple steps away( literally). That mommy needs some rest before she starts her new job on wed.
  • Yay! Congrats. I never can really sleep with lo in the bed cuz i sleep so lightly.
  • My daughter has been in her crib the past 2 nights too!! She only got up once each night, I'm amazed!! I thought it was gonna be hell but I think she likes her own space now lol :)
  • I'm sooo jealous lol
  • @Caroline8_p he is almost 3months old. The crib is in our room. He don't have his own room yet since we live with my dad
  • Ah.. Malia is allmost 5 months. I dont know when I want to transition her. She sleeps really well with us.
  • How did u get him to do that? Tell me all ur secrets bc I'm thinking about transitioning my lo soon. She is 2.5 months.
  • I'm so scared to let my daughter sleep in her room! She's always slept in her pack-n-play just fine, and now she sleeps all the way thru the night, but I just can't stand to put her in her room!
  • @Caroline8_p Tessa is almost 6 months. She coslept, and when I started trying to put her in the pack n play in our room she was regressing with her sleep. So I put her back in my bed for 3 days then tried the crib in her room and she was fine! I couldn't believe it lol.
  • I had a little one on one convo on how mommy and daddy need rest and if he could be big boy and sleep in his crib. I also walk him until he is asleep and then lay him in his crib. His bed is in our room so he is not to far away. @taytay
  • @starrxoxo9 do you breastfeed? I love it for that also, so much easier than ACTUALLY waking up, lol.
  • @Caroline8_p yes I do, and it is easier, but luckily she only wakes up once and she really doesn't eat much, so I'm back in bed within 20 mins at the most. I loved cosleeping, but Idk I just got that feeling it was time to move her. And now we're both sleeping better :)
  • Aww. I will try in a few months, I'm not ready to not co-sleep, lol. She sleeps 10-12 hours a night. When I feel her fidget around, we switch sides & I feed her, she never really wakes up. And she hates being alone!
  • @Caroline8_p Tessa was the same way, she wouldn't even nap without me, but its weird, one night she just started tossing and turning a whole lot and inching away from me lol. So I just decided to try it. I thought since she didn't like the pack n play she wasn't ready, but I think she just likes the crib better. It's crazy how they change overnight and become independent on their own. People kept trying to tell me I'd never get her out of my bed or I was spoiling her, but I just did what I felt was best for her when she wanted me close :)
  • @mom2ing the thought of moving her used to give me such anxiety but I realized that was my mommy instinct telling me it just wasn't time yet. My mom said I'd just know and she was so right!

@Stephforever89 sorry for taking over your post lol
  • I havent even gotten a crib yet, for this reason. lol
  • Your fine @starxoxo9 I just woke up from a nap without my son sleeping with me lol. I'm really taking advantage of the space before my son decides he wants to sleep with me again.
  • Isaiah slept in his crib from 15 til 1 to 8am this morning. He slept so good =). I'm so proud of him slept through the night. Woke up in a great mood. Hopefully night number 3 will go smooth too.
  • That's awesome! Night 3 was not great for us. She was asleep by 10:15..woke up at 12:30, 3:30, and at 6. I think it was because I let the routine slip a little and let her fall asleep in the living room. Oh well, tonight's another night lol
  • Yay! Your little man is doing amazing and so are you momma! Congrats on smooth transitioning!
  • edited January 2012
    @starrxoxo9 that sucks I was very proud of him hopefully tonight will be even better. But I got a feeling since I want some one on one time he main act up lol.
    @mommyof4boys thank you
    @mama2be11_4_11 next child I have I'm getting a cradle swing lol