when do they start reaching for things?

edited January 2012 in Ages & Stages
My 4 month old is just about starting to reach. she gets her hands going but can't quite figure it out yet

Comments

• Mine was just recently and he will be 4 months on 2/2!
  • Wow my girl must be a little behind
  • My son will be 4 months on the 30th and he barely started reaching for things but can't quite grab them.
  • My daughter started at 3.5 months. Be careful what you wish for though! She pulled a massive chunk of my hair out today lol
  • naliyah started at maybe 3 months and now its getting better she pulls on her toy that hands from her carseat and if you put a stuffed animal in front of her our your hand she'll grab for it... She'll be 4 months on the 29
  • My lo is 3 months... She has very little interest in grabbing for things and is more than happy to just watch. She is more interested in trying to sit up so she can watch the world
  • My son I would say 2 months
  • I have been thinking this same thing. My little got just turned 3 months on Friday and he doesn't seem to want to reach for anything. But he does follow things and watches intensely! Soon enough! It would be nice if it was sooner than later so he could hold his teething rings. Poor guy has four teeth ready to bust out any day!
  • My baby is 3.5 and is starting to just now.
  • 3.5 Months* that is lol
  • My lo has been holding and grabbing her walla walla(koala bear) since about 2months
  • 2-2.5 months. Riley grabs the toys hanging from his toy gym and things I offer him while we are sat playing. He has started trying to put them in his mouth but often ends up chewing/sucking his hand!!
  • My son will be 4mths on Feb 3rd and he just rexently started reaching for things.