xc

edited April 2014 in Parenting
Xx

Comments

• Have u discussed how to deal with ppd with your doctor
  • I was having anger management issues when my lo was born. I felt so horrible getting upset with her. She was only 2 months and so so innocent. I've been talking to a few other ftm about it and my husband. It's helped a lot. It really may be ppd mixed with anxiety. I'll be praying you find comfort and a way to compose yourself when you loose your patients.
  • At least you realize you have a problem and you know it isn't her fault. You have enough love for both of them. I'm sorry you're frustrated and I wish I could help. You may not be super mommy but you are doing your best. Hugs
  • I'm crying right now, I am in this exact same situation with my kids. My son and I were inseparable before my daughter came along. Him and I were best buds, we did everything together, I loved him more than I could ever explain, and now that she is here, I feel like I've abandoned him and am always too busy with my daughter! I lash out at him for the dumbest reasons and I don't mean to but I do it without warning and he doesn't understand! He's 5 and she's 8 months and i dont know what to do or how to deal with it. I have dealt with anxiety and depression for 12 years now and I'm wondering if its a product of that. I feel terrible, like a horrible mother!!! I don't know what to do or how to make things better. I love him so much, and I try to do things just him and I, but I feel so angry and distant from him. It breaks my heart! :((
  • edited April 2014
    Xc
  • Omg you guys I'm going threw the same things with my 8 year old...i feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one
  • I think this is mostly normal! I'm not sure on the ppd and if you really think you have an issue there you need to talk to your doctor! My second is 12 weeks and my oldest is 3years. I sometimes feel overwhelmed and like I am not giving each one enough attention (often Leo as he is older he can do more for himself so I tend to rely on that). I definitely think the transition to having two is very different and takes a lot of getting used to! Is your LO in a sort of routine yet? I try and make sure at baby naptimes me and Leo play a game or do something fun. Also when baby is content after a nap I will lay him on his playmate, sit on the floor and play with him and Leo. Making time at bedtime is really important, after their bath me and Leo have snuggles on the settee while he drinks his warm milk, then he gets a story in bed which sometimes now his brother comes and listens to aswell. It's so hard and some days I think I'm getting there, then I will have a day when everything goes out the window again! We can do it, it will just take some practise!
  • Ooh just be careful she doesn't get too jealous. When I had my third daughter I heard of a couple down the street from me, they had an 8 month old I believe, and their oldest, I'm pretty sure was a boy, and he was around 7 ended up smothering the baby with a pillow and blamed it on his mom...they ended up finding out the truth later on, but I know it took them a while to clear her. Point being...kids do crazy things to little brothers and sisters if they think favoritism is in place...I'm victim of my older sister beating the crap out of me for no reason when I was a toddler :-/
  • Wow... I feel like I can partially relate. Some days I lose my shit at my 2yo, he gets very frustrated and has tantrums and some days I just cant deal with that and a 3mo screaming for a feed... After I lose it though I cuddle him and tell him I love him. It takes time to adjust to the new life with 2 kids but everyday gets a little easier
  • I felt super wound up but it was mainly my mini pill so i stopped taking it and feel so much better!
  • @ xKOOxREEx
    @ LilSugarsMomma

I'm in the same situation. Allison(3.5) and I did everything together, crafts, shopping, read books, play, everything. I noticed that when I was in the hospital for Ashtons birth that she seperated from me. I stayed for for three nights and my husband stayed home with her. She has always been glued to him because he works from 7-7 so when he's home shes stuck like glue. Which makes me really happy. However, since I came home with Ashton she doesn't want anything to do with me. :'( I try to plan a shopping trip for just the two of us and she wants to stay with daddy, she won't let me put her to bed, she wants daddy. The other day I bought her a new room for her dollhouse and she thanked him, not me. Sometimes I feel like I'm just her nanny. And we have days when she is so well behaved and then we have days when she is in time out all day! It kills me inside when I have to yell or discipline her and then I'm feeding and cuddling with Ashton. I feel like I have damaged her :'(