Y DO MEN WAIT

edited January 2012 in Relationships
So long to ask to marrie u. Im n a 7year relationship and still nothing. I say nothing and put no pressure on him. When he's ready he'll ask. Just thinking wat ur guys opinion on this

Comments

• My husband and I were together 9 years before we got married... We weren't ready.. Maybe have a talk with him. See where he is in all this. Gl
  • @starlilly c that's the thing I dnt want to b that female that bring the issue up. Cause then it seems I'm making him get married. That's how I feel I just wonder cause lots of men wait to long. We talked before he said I wasn't ready. If u ask me I dnt know wat that means. If any thing it makes me believe I'm not ready
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is what we call ... Allowing your man to drink the milk and he ain't even purchased the cow! It's some serious BS!

We go in and out of this subject. First he wants to.. then the subject lingers then its a sore subject.. I go off.. then its you mean everything let's do this.. then nothing. We had a major blow up about this Friday.

• My husband proposed after 6 months, when he was 43. From what I see with my friends, their boyfriends haven't popped the question for 1 of three reasons 1) they were too young (20s) 2) felt they weren't financially stable 3) some had kids with them already and didn't see the need too.
  • It's not pressure I believe you should know this stuff when your in a serious relationship and you say I love you and you are having sex. My bf and I had this conversation the day he said I love you to me. So now he even tells me that his commitment to me is a husband wife one and I know we are just waiting for the money bc he wants to get me a special ring thats all. I would have the conversation just make it casual you should know where your relationship is going.
  • Marriage isn't really the same to a guy as it is to a girl.
  • So if he's not ready to get married, then ask him if he is ready to make a promise to you.. start off with a promise ring. I had one for two years before he asked.. you need to know where you stand in your realationship, dont ever be scared to be that girl that brings up marriage. You don't want to be the girl that just stays cause you stayed so long and are ok with it. If marrying him means something to you make that promise to him. I told my husband that if he couldn't promise to marry me one day, I could find someone who could. Even though he wasn't ready to get married he was ready to make a promise to me. So talk to him. :)

• I have been waiting for almost 8 years :-<
  • I got a promise ring after 5 mo This and an engagement ring after a year and a wedding band 3 mo This later! And 6 months later came our 1 kiddo
  • Maybe they haven't asked cuz they don't wanna marry u?