Taxes!?

edited January 2012 in Relationships
Ok so for all those mothers out there who are not married to their baby daddy who is going to be claming ur baby this year for taxes? And who gets the money? Because I personally don't have to pay anything this year bc I didn't make enough but I will be getting money bc I had my daughter but the baby daddy has a lot of tax to pay this year so he wants half of my return to pay part of it and I just want to put it aside in case of emergency for my daughter since I don't have a job that pays much I know I can really use that money wisely for all the things these cute babies need.. I don't know what to do bc my bf is saying that half of that money is his and I personally don't know much about it.

Comments

• That's bull only give him a little
  • If ya'll are together, then ya'll should discuss it.. if you're not, then you should do what you think is right for your daughter.
  • I agree with lucyloo, if yall are together you need to sit down and discuss it and figure out what percentage of babies needs he pays and maybe give him that percentage of the return. If yall aren't together tell him to kick rocks and use it for your child. I'm keeping my entire return because me and bd aren't married andi pay all my los medical and I am the sole nourishment provider. If my bd had to buy formula or paid medical I would probably share but he doesn't so I'm not.
  • Well we are together and we live tolgether but his not working and I'm getting ready to go back to work. I just dont like the fact that he expects half bc he already has a kid from when he was married and he gets half of that rid off but I keep telling him thats only bc they were married were not and plus he just wants to use it to pay his taxes which I just want to use the money for whatever my baby needs and thats all. He thinks that he has right to the money bc his the father so I'm just trying to figure out my rights...and I breastfeed the baby and I got her signed up for medical.
    @junebuggbabie85
    @lucyloo88
    @newmomma13
  • well i say since yall arent married he definitely isnt entitled to half automatically. i agree wit @junebuggbabie85. if u give him any of it only give him the percentage that he help wit ur daughter. do wat benefits ur daughter the most. if helpin him pay his will help ur daughter n the long run do it. if keepin it jus to save will help her do that. n my opinion he can get a job an pay off his taxes or he can make monthly payment too. thats wat im doin.
  • I have a ?? maybe ull knoe.. if I didn't work @ all in 2011 but had my daughter 2011 will I still get ne back do u kno??
  • oh n I would give him 15 percent of that.. n 15 for u .. nd 50 percent for bby :) ?
  • Im differnt I guess me and hubby share money he gives me hes checks & ill give him mine were a couple so if my man had to pay back then but of course hell use the baby. Cause we wont b n debt but every couple is differnt
  • I just realized my maths off..lol its ben a while ha.. I would do 20,20 & 60for bby :)
  • @jsmyonlylove love that idea but how do I figure out how much he helps? Cause we do live together....
    @naliibby2 that sounds good to me lol I just want to figure out what his legally supposed to get or not get lol.. I found all kinds of stuff online coming from both sides I might just have to ask a tax guy to make sure its done right ya know...
  • When you file i'm sure you can see the difference from what you would get without baby so deduct that from your total cause you worked for that. Then whatever you get for baby put 60-70% for baby away and give him 30-40%. I'm sorry but you shouldn't lose out on your earned money cause his debts
  • Whoever made more money this year is supposed to file head of household and claim baby
  • u know an answer to my ??
  • @steph_due_101611 what if I can't file hoh because my mom is. I live with her
  • @naliibby2
    If your not recieving a w2 then no you can not file just because you gave birth. sorry.
  • My bf wants half of the money too...I'm not going to give half cause I want to get a new car but he'll get some money...but I recommend talking to a tax person cause they know about all this stuff
  • My bf and I are together but I'm claiming our daughter because I made less money so I'll get more back. We will put both our refunds together and split it 50/50. We split all the bills and all the baby costs so its the fair thing to do. Just because we aren't married doesn't mean either of us deserves more than the other. We are a team and are equals :)
  • edited January 2012
    @starrxoxo9 well said
  • @jules now that I'm not sure. I'm not a very good math person lol.
    @alwayzbeenurz2008 u livin wit ur mom doesn't matter unless she claims u. Head of household juts means u an ur dependants it doesn't matter who u live wit. well that's how it is n cali at lest.
  • Why dont you both take all of your tax stuff to the same place and have them look everything over. My husband and I did that, and even before we were married when we had our oldest son. They told us it was smarter and we would get more money back if we filed together. Why dont you guys try and do that? You dont have to be married to file together.
  • @alwayzbeenurz2008 only 1person can file head of household per address.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Me and my hubby always just shared our taxes even before we were married. We just did what would benefit our us, our babies, and our lives. My mom lives with us and she files head of house hold on her taxes and I file head of household on mine. Always have. So unless its different in other states, you can have more then 1 person as head of household from a address.
  • @starrxoxo9 we talked about it some more today and thats what we are doing since I made less I'm claiming her and the reason we are splitting it is bc he has tax to pay back and I don't so he wants me to have some money for myself since I was the one pregnant.. Thats how he says it that I deserve that money lol
  • Well that's good!! :)
  • Bd and I went to h&r block and we had her figure out our taxes and see who would get more. Jay made 10k more than me but I'm in the lower tax bracket so I got more back for Zachary even tho he makes way more
  • He also wants me to split it with him but I want a car so idk :(
  • @jessandjay ya we figured it out he has to pay and I get money back so I'm claiming her and I'm letting him use some of it for his tax return.