Anyone change/regret choice of baby name?

edited January 2012 in Baby names
Has anyone picked out a name for your baby and when they were born they just didn't suit it? Or as baby has got older you wished you'd picked something else?

Comments

• Meee! I let my sons "sperm donor" or what I refer to him as, name my son I never really liked the name to begin with he is now 4 years old and only knows himself by his middle name. I am going to legally change it to his middle name before he starts school this year I'm also going to give him my husbands last name since he is the only father my sons ever known and he thinks our last name is his anyways. It's going to be a process since his "sperm donor" is not around to consent and when have no idea as to his where abouts. It could work out for the better or it could work out for the worse with him not around! I'm praying the judge understands and won't try to hunt him down because even though he hasn't seen my son in years he will refuse it just to spite me.
  • Oh no, hope you get his name changed without too much hassle @second_time_mommy7
  • if you dont mind me asking...whats his name? @second_time_mommy7
  • My bil changed his daughters name when she was 4 mos old. Sooooo confusing at the time
  • My whole pregnancy my daughter was going to be kamryn... She was our 10mins and we decided she looked like a taylah lol
    I regretted calling my son Denver for about 3 months, then he just kinda grew into his name and is now 2.5yrs and I cant imagine him as anything else
  • @second_time_mommy7 : I know in Texas there is a child abandonment law. If the parent hasnt had contact or financially supported the child in a year or longer u can have the rights terminated all together without any consent. So u may want to check about that in your state. Good luck
  • I like my sons name but if we ever have another boy his name is going to have bobby in it somewhere. I really like that name for some reason.
  • @ripKaydence his name is Makariah its pronounced Ma car uh. I don't know why I let him pick it no one can pronounce and doctors offices sit there for 10 mins trying to figure out how to say it Lmao the end up calling him mak ah riah. His middle name is Noah and that's what he goes by and always has at the time everyone was saying you'll regret naming him that but I just wanted to be rebellious and say its our choice so in your face and now I realize he has to live with it for the rest of his life and its a pain in the ass. Lol
  • @momma_erica he has paid child support because they automatically pull it from his check my son is 4 and he has only paid it for the past year because he was jobless until then so he owes backpay. He has seen him once in the past 3 years and that was almost 3 years ago. He took me to court for rights over 3 years ago but never showed up. I called him in front of the judge on speaker phone and he said he was to tired to come. The judge dismissed it and said he is just wasting everyones time and said he will never get another hearing. I wonder if we have that law and if under those circumstances it would have any effect.
  • @second_time_mommy7, Idk its worth checking into. Your situation sounds a lot like mine with my 10 yr olds dad. We divorced when he was 1.5 I just got my 1st payment in September 2011 from him. Attorney generals office told me if I got his rights terminated he would still owe me the back pay $111,000 it would just stop from that point forward. He hasn't seen his son in over 3yrs & probably no more than 5-6 times total since divorce. They also said there office doesn't handle that so I would need to go through a private family attorney. Just call around & see if u can find a lawyer that has free consultation & find out the laws for Ur state
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @second_ time_mommy7 I like his name