Weight and Feeding baby!! HELP

edited January 2012 in Food
OKAY my 13 week old weights almost 16 lbs! He is formula feed and at last check up doctor was say n he's in the 95% tile of other babys his age. They want me to feed him less formula. Right now he drinks 4 oz every 3 hours and he still crys after he finishes its like he is still hungry. Doc wants me to only feed him 3 oz. Anyone else going thru this????

Comments

• My baby eats 3-4oz every 4hrs. She weighs 12lbs 8oz.
    What flow nipple do you use?
  • Well I use some slow and some fast. I use two different kind of bottles, the doctor browns and the air flow.
  • Try sticking with slow flow nipples. It'll take longer to feed but it gives the tummy more time to tell the brain its not hungry.
  • Or try only putting enough powder for 3oz in 4oz of water
  • Don't put cereal in it. It will only add calories and add to the weight gain
  • I have no idea but i would prob just go with your instincts as his mum and don't worry. Doesn't matter if he is the top percentile surely as some people have to be!
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby
    Yea thats what Ive been doing just kinda upset me that they want me to go bk to 3 oz when clearly that's not enough. I was putting cereal in his bottle to see if that will fill him up so he want eat as much, but.........lol than doesn't seem to be helping