Peanut Butter Chicken

edited January 2012 in Food
Cooking Peanut Butter Chicken for dinner tonight.. possible epic failure! LOL

Has anyone had it before? I haven't but would love to try something new here. I found the recipe off of the net so I'm going for it.

Comments

• Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 medium onion, sliced
    7 fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice 3/4 cup chicken stock 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, and cook until chicken starts to turn white. Add the onion, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. 2. Pour the tomatoes and chicken stock into the skillet, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in peanut butter, and cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. This should only take a minute or two. If the sauce is not thickening, you may stir in more peanut butter.
  • This sounds good I might try it
  • It sounds pretty yummy. I'm gonna try it. If you like it..you should make flying Jacob. It's a Swedish dish with chicken and bananas with a spicy sauce (to taste obviously) topped withroasted peanuts. My hubby wanted it because his grandmother used to make it and I was quite skeptical. It was hands down the best dang thing
  • Sounds good! Let us know how it goes.
  • @Outlaw_Sphinx what's the recipe for that?
  • Ok so I made it... It tastes delicious. It turned out being chicken in a spicy delicious gravy. Tastes nothing like peanut butter... BUT!!! Smells like it.

If you can wrap your mind around that... It makes a delicious meal.

Mind over Smell! LOL
  • I used to make a similar recipe with shrimp it was so good!
  • My mom made It once I thought it was the best thing ever
  • Thanks @heather3rdgirl! and yes, what is the recipe for that @outlaw_sphinx ?
  • I am in the process of moving so my recipes are still somewhere in a box but just Google flying Jacob recipe. Its so easy but so yummy. Ill see if I can find a link though!
  • @smcox @Heather3rdgirl this is the website where I copied the recipe that I used. I used more chicken because I wanted more chicken. It makes a huge amount! My son was absolutely crazy about it and the entire casserole was gone in two days. Let me know if you try it.

http://tummyrumble.hultberg.org/2005/11/recipe_sharing_.html
  • I made it in a crick pot it was amazing!!