depo shot? concerns, question, & experiences please!

edited January 2012 in Health
i got the depo shot thursday. that was suppose to be he last day of my period. that night it stopped just as it was supposed to but i woke up the next morning spotting bright red which i know is new blood. here it is about to be sunday and im still spotting. i have a STRICT 7 day every 28 days period. this is going on 10 days. ughhhh its been 2 months of no intimacy i would really like to get back to my sex life lol. any ladies have good experiences with depo. i've heard horror stories of women spotting for the whole 3 months that the shot runs its course! :O

Comments

• After I had my son I got the shot twice I bleed for 6 months I'm now on nueva ring once I got off shot I stopped bleeding before I had kids on my third month I would have heavy bleeding all month I will never get it again
  • omg im losing all hope.
  • I tried pills only worked for the couple days they gave them to me bc depo thinned my lining out to much says it can happen
  • I hope this is just my body getting used to it and not some dreadful side effect that i have to endure for the next 3 months!
  • I did it twice cause estrogen pills worked so I got the shot and went right back hopefully it will be different for you I really wanted not to worry about bc every month or day
  • I got the shot twice. The first one I bled for almost the entire time it took to have to get another. The second one..I gained weight no matter what I did. I ate healthy, cut back on caloric intake, worked out 3 days a week and I still gained 60 lbs. I couldn't lose it either even after not taking the shot like I was supposed to. After the second shot I didn't get a period at all for about 8 months. It drove me bananas.
    however, I would definitely say that each form of birth control works or effects each woman differently. If you don't like the effect it has on you, then switch. I didn't switch because I'm terrible with remembering pills. But, after my experience...I'd rather put sticky notes everywhere and make my phone remind me than go through that again!
  • I bled for 6 months too. It scared the crap outta me i'll never take it again :(
  • I hated it! I gained like 30lbs while I was on it & it made my hair fall out.
  • @lolasbabynum1 it scared me too especially when they started doing ultra sounds to make sure nothing was else was wrong. Made me think it was something seriously because who bleeds for 6 months
  • Im on my 2nd dosage.....1st shot I bled for 2wks (heavy) but then i've stopped...got my 2nd dose 3days ago....bled for 3 days.....however; effen doc scared me more then d shot itself....she's like "u want the depo? U know it cause high BP, makes ur hair fall off...& u lose bone density....ur 20 ish rite now by thr time ur 30 ur gonna have bones of a 50yrld".....my expression: O.O......i know...i still went ahead wit it tho....no IUD's for me.....after she left I could hear the other pt saying how her mirena is stuck in her fallopian tube! O.O wow, right?......i think after my 3mnths im going for the pill.....idk yet
  • I was on it for 9 months or 3 shots. I gained 60 lbs. And bled a full 7 days heavy as hell! Couldn't do anything!
  • @debs They didn't do a ultrasound on me. They knew it was the shot they didn't warn me about that before i had got it :-(
    Im going to try the patch though
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bled for about 6 months straight too. Some days were light and some were heavy but it never stopped til I got off the shot!
  • edited January 2012
    Yep I bled all 3 months, gained 15 lbs and turned into a banshee. Needless to say I never got the second shot lol.