if you are having twins do you start showing faster?

edited January 2012 in First Trimester
Maybe a stupid question lol but do you start showing sooner if you are having twins? I am 8 weeks tomorrow according to last af and today I feel heavy in my tummy. I know it's probably bloat but i feel like I am getting thicker already.. My last mc was twins but it was very early on. Maybe I am having twins? :P

Comments

• I would say its possible, my sis had twins and her first ultrasound they didn't see two. At her 20week (well they.messed up.her appt so she went at 22 weeks) that's when they found out. She also was measuring 32 at her 22 week appt...I just found it weird they only caught it at 22 weeks. I thought something was up bc we were trying to guess the sex by the heartbeat and everytime she would tell me the heartbeat it was totally diff. Like way high or alot lower, so I was confused, come to find out that was bc she was having a boy and girl twin...lol! I guess they can tell early if they are looking..but she was going to some Dr at a clinic bc they don't have insurance...she kept getting diff Drs so who knows. But her hubby is a twin and our family has two sets of twins so you'd think they'd think about that. My first ultrasound with my first, my daughter, they thought they saw two, but turned out to be one. Good luck:):)
  • edited January 2012
    With my first pregnancy last year I found out I was preggo in january my mid-february I was huge. I had 3 u.s before my 20w to varify 1 or 2 lol. Everyone I knew and everyone I came across said I was going to have twins but I just got huge fast an boy do I have stretch marks :o/. Hopefully I don't get so big so fast this time. I lent my preggo clothes to my sister in law an shes not due til april. Could be twins tho my mom was huge when she was preggo with my twin brother an I.
  • I had a bump since about 9 weeks lol and was huge all way through out pregnancy but was only one :-)
  • My sil measured the size of a 24w women when she was 12w because she was having twins! Do twins run in your family? My gpa was a twin & his wife had twins. The history can only be determined by the womens side. My hubbys dad was a twin but that doesn't matter since it's not hubby who releases 2 eggs lol. Identical twins can happen to anyone tho! When is your u/s?
  • @bexiewexie My due date according to last af is Sept 10th I believe.What is your?

@everyone My next appt is Monday! I went in around 5.5 or 6 weeks and we didn't get to see a hb I am praying I see one or TWO on Monday :P lol and get a more accurate due date.

@babyluv8 My bd and I both have twins somewhere in our bloodline but not immediate family or anything.Are identical twins in one sac? I didn't go into details with my dr about twins because I had misscarried.. But I am pretty sure she said it looks like it's splitting into two then next appt when they confirmed I had mc they were saying A and B.
  • Were belly buddies! Lol what if we both have twins! :) I go in tomorrow for a more accurate date. My cycles were 30 31 days apart so i dont think Sept 10 is totally right on. I guess I'll see tomorrow! I hope I see a hb I didn't see it first ultrasound which kinda makes me nervous.
  • Yes one sac is identical!!!