I hate the way he parents

edited January 2012 in Parenting
I honestly think my fiance is JEALOUS of my son! I don't know why but my son is my LOVE. I show him all the attention i can admit that, when i come home from work instead of dropping my stuff and going to kiss my fiance i go and cuddle and love up my baby. now, when my fiance is watching my son he half the time doesn't acknowledge him and that makes me really angry. Like I literally do EVERYTHING for my son. I don't know if i should be mad or if i should really just expect to be the primary parent eventhou there are 2 parents fully in his life. Here's the scenario. I work 8am-5pm he work 8pm-5:30am when he comes home in the morning he showers and eats. by the time he does that my son is up ready to play as i'm walking out the door or making myself late because i don't want to put him down he's playing video games or watching tv. i have to tell him go make the baby a bottle or change his diaper. My nanny lives in my house mon-friday to keep him so I'm fine leaving him because Im leaving him with her not with him and that's bad. I'd rather leave my baby with someone else other then his father. I'm so livid some days it's probably unhealthy for me. Please HELP!! I tried talking to him about about it and he did come around for a few weeks but i think the more tense our relationship gets the further he drifts from his son. I wonder sometimes is his lack of parenting bc he didn't have his dad in his life? I don't know how to feel about this. I also know that mother and sons are closer than father & sons but my son can be close with the both of us. Like when i come around my sons face lights up. It's so cute. I love my baby so much

Comments

• Nothing wrong with being a great mum and loving your child... But maybe your partner does feel a little left out. Maybe try giving him a little more of your attention and see if it helps...
  • That's hard...my fiance was like that in the beginning. We did talk, he also didn't have a dad or even mom in his life so it was and still is hard sometimes. I basically told him this is your family and you don't want to miss out. It was more of me saying I was done if things didn't change. I grew up with a dad my parents are married 37 yrs , but my dad would come home and eat then right to his room. Avoiding us whenever possible. I told my fiance this and I think it sunk in, another thing that helped (which obviously isn't something I'm suggesting) but he got laid off and we pulled my son out of daycare and it was summer so he also had our daughter. It really made him closer to both kids. I think sometimes dads get scared bc you have carried this child for 9 months and have that connection with the baby. They feel lost bc this little child is getting all your attention and rightly so but it does affect them. Some just don't know how to parent, they feel they will do something wrong so they back off. I'd really sit and talk to him. It is really tough, but I even noticed that now that our kids are older my fiance is relating more like our daughter and him do projects together, she really likes Zelda video game so they made a Zelda doll together, so the fact he loves video games and now she is starting to like them. I think once he feels he has more to relate to with your son he may feel more comfortable...babies sometimes scare guys in general. Good luck tho:)
  • that makes sense. Thanks for the advice.