Ultrasound- AND the gender is.... --->> Pet Peeve!

edited February 2012 in Second pregnancy
A GIRL!!
I had an amazing Ultrasound Tech today! When she was done with her measurements, and whatnot she closed the door and told me that she would suggest not getting rid of my baby girl clothes!! lol I'm so excited to reuse my daughter's stuff, it's kind of silly. She has so many nice things though, and I can't help it.

And then

I announce we are having a girl... and it's already started. ---NAME PUSHING--
It's so frustrating and annoying how people try to push baby name's on expecting mothers. I found out literally less than 10 hours ago now, and I've already had people try and make up nasty nicknames too go with the names I'm considering just so I won't name my baby that. (Like... Madley Hadley) Seriously?!?! and then following it up with... You should really name her this, because that name is just terrible.
Or how about my Mother and Grandmother both trying to guilt trip me into naming the baby after them.... Middle name is not good enough either btw, I either give her the same first name or nothing at all. I'm sorry but I just don't like their names... NO offence :( - Lorretta is my Grandmother and Valerie is my Mom
As if pregnant women don't have enough to deal with?
I'm better this time though, because I took it to heart with my first. Now, I'm more straight up and I just say "We are going to name her whatever we like, and you don't get a say"

I really am just so excited to reuse my daughter clothes, not to mention this is going to save us a ton of money. Having babies back too back is kind of crazy, but there are perks :D My friend Liz has all the stuff I gave her from my daughter all ready and boxed up for me. If I was having a boy, we decided to donate it all to the Pregnancy Crisis Centre in town... but getting another use out of it first won't hurt! Babies grow so fast, they barely wear most of it anyway. LOL she laughed because a lot of the stuff I gave her was new on hangers :P

Comments

• Congrats!!!! Baby girls are so lovely!!! And people suck, not many people liked my son's name Denver when I was pregnant including my mum lol... But once he was out no one cared and everyone loves it now...
  • Congrats! Its soooo nice to b able to re-use clothes. It saves a ton of money. Enjoy having 2 girls close thogether. They will b best of friends. :)
  • Wow, I'm sorry people are that way to you. I never got backlash like that with either of my kiddos. People are jerks!

Congrats on your princess, I always wished I had a sister!
  • Congrats! I wanted a girl. But we're being blessed with a boy! We are not sharing our name for this very reason. Ppl try to give you their opinion and sometimes it makes you change the name and then you regret changing it! So we have kept it a secret and will for the next 18 or so weeks until he arrives.
  • I know what you mean about the name thing. It's like everyone gets an IQ drop and a double dose of rude when you announce the gender and chosen name. My son is going to be named Leif Jonathan. My youngest brother was named Jonathan and I have always planned to give his name to my son as a middle name. My older brother told me that I should change them around so my child wouldn't have to know that my husband has terrible taste in names. Granted, my brother hates my husband with a passion I don't quite understand but...anyway. I told him that the name was my choice not his and it would be best for him to keep his opinions to himself. He still makes snide comments here and there...for the most part I simply ignore him.
  • Thank you all!!

@tinka1326 - I had a list of names for my daughter, and my Mother hated them all... So she made up her own name and told everyone that's what I was calling her. She even tried to put her WHOLE name in my daughters name, and got her friends to agree it was a good idea! That's my mom for you though, I'm surprised she was able to name my brothers and myself, because she doesn't seem to like many names at all lol

@Mommyofgirls - I'm so excited! There will be at the very most a year between them. (Assuming I would be induced two weeks overdue if I'm late) We also have a lot of pink stuff, like bouncer's and her excersaucer... So it works haha

@LilSugarMomma - I apparently know very opinionated people. I guess when someone thinks they are "close" too you, they get to say whatever they want. I'm so glad you never had to go through it. I never had any sisters!! lol Just three brothers.

@BabyLuv8 - We were leaning towards a boy to have our -one of each- and then be done lol But I'm just as happy with both. As long as she's healthy... My partner started talking about having more anyway.
    I must shamefully admit, I'm a little worried she's going to look like my partners side lol Fingers Crossed. I'm totally happy with her looking like us, our first daughter looks like him and myself, I'm just a bit worried she may look like his mom and sister. :P It sounds SO stupid I know! I feel so bad, about feeling that way.

@Outlaw_Sphinx - I want to put my brother's name in my (If I ever have a) son's name. My partner agree's with it... except he feels that he should be allowed to put like 5 names from his side of the family in there... and then his family throws out their opinions and gives him names that HAVE to go in our son's name if we have one... It was up too SIX NAMES... I was like... No, not going to happen... So atleast having a girl, takes that stress away. Their Daughter (My partner's sister) has a 14 month old son, but the fact my partner is "carrying on the family line" and her son isn't... a lot of pressure apparently lol and she didn't get any name pressure. They even tried to get us too make one of his middle names Alexander... I was like... Paul, that is ALREADY your grandson's middle name AND your nephew's middle name! LOL They are both 14 months and 16 months ish. So it's not even a big gap between them. I hate when everyone in one family has all the same middle names, it's so odd lol
  • @FullTimeMommy I don't really understand most family pressures in terms of carrying on traditions involving names. I came from the most dysfunctional of families and I to this day only speak to one of my brothers and my sister. However..my husband comes from a close family with traditions and pride in the family line/name. His fathers side always gives the first born boy the middle name Wilfred. I hated it but it really meant a lot to him. It was something to see his grandfather tear up when my son Ethan was formally introduced to him. My husband and I decided that with our children we would switch off between first and middle names. I chose my firsts first name and he got the middle. This time he chose the first name and I chose the middle.
  • I never told anyone what names we were considering, nor did I name my daughter after anyone in the family! I broke that tradition. Not much they can do now. Hehe
  • I'm worried the same!! My hubby is good looking don't get me wrong but even he says he wants the baby to have my nose! Lol. Since it's a boy I'm not to worried about him looking like his daddy but if I was having a girl i'd definately prefer her to look like me!
  • Congrats I hope my baby is a girl