dear baby,

edited February 2012 in Loss
Dear baby,
Today is the day you were supposed to arrive. The day you'd begin to grow and to thrive.
Mommy and daddy were excited to see,
The gift from heaven, you were supposed to be.
We planned and we dreamed of your face and your life.
Hoped you would never face hardships or strife.
Never imagining our time cut short.
Never considered a pain of this sort.
Dear baby,
You left mommy's side.
It felt like mommy was the one who died.
But God thought it was better if you lived with him.
Now you'll be safe and away from sin.
I wish you could have stayed, for mommy loves you so!
The hardest thing for me is to begin to let you go.
I've never wanted anything more than I wanted you.
It's hard to believe that our time is really through.
Dear baby,
Mommy misses you still!
There's a hole inside my heart that only you can fill.
One day I'll get to meet you, this I know is true.
Until that day comes, you have family up there with you.
I know they've got you safe and sound and hidden deep away.
Tell great grandma to tell you about me a little bit each day.
I want you to know your parents, even if we don't know you.
Most importantly, never forget that mommy fought for you.
Keep in mind that I tried so hard for you to stay with me.
Mommy and daddy love you, and miss you everyday.
Now I have something to look forward to, to keep the pain at bay.
I can't wait to meet you little one, but until that time is here,
Keep in mind I love you and I know that you are near.

Tomorrow is my due date. I lost my baby at nine weeks. It's truly the worst pain I have ever felt. I wrote this for my angel. Rip baby Robbins. Mommy loves you and misses you so much. I'll never understand why god took my baby away. And even if I knew it wouldn't be good enough. But I'll be ready when my baby is ready <3

Comments

• Beautiful poem, i'm sorry for your loss
  • Sorry for ur loss. This was beautiful to read and made me break down. I had a mc at 10 weeks (6 years ago) and it still hurts... I lost the baby jan. 22 (2006) and i think about the "what ifs" all january long, every january. Thanks for sharing. I read a nook called 'Heaven is for real' this past year and it really helped me feel more at peace. In the book theres a good reminder that indeed our little ones r up in heaven waiting for us. *hugs* to u.
  • The losses just don't get easier. You'll be a great mommy when the right baby comes along. :) I keep thinking the same things.
  • That was beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Thanks @everyone. I have read heaven is for real. It helped. I'm just trying to cope with the fact that by now or soon I should have/had a baby sleeping in my arms and I don't. I'm so angry and I feel like I don't have a right to be sad because there are worse situations but DAMN am I a raging sack of human emotion right now.
  • I am sorry for your loss. What a beautiful poem for your angel.
  • edited February 2012
    I am so sorry for your loss.. never have I gone through the same situation but your poem brought tears to my eyes
  • Love. I miscarried may 26. My edd would have been jan 13. Definately painful physically & emotionally. Reading "heaven is for real" was a real eye opener for me!
  • im sure this was a beautiful poem. i read the first 2 lines and lost my marbles...maybe one day soon ill come back
  • @ripkaydence I can't imagine going through what you did. Your situation makes mine seem like nothing. She was beautiful. You have endless support here, but if you need another someone to talk to, I'm here.
  • girl. loosing a baby wether its 2 days old or your 5 weeks along. you still love it bc it was apart of you. my situation was just an intense 8 months lol up n down back in forth!! ceaziness!!
  • This truly was beautiful it made me cry
    Im Sorry for ur loss
  • Thank you @everyone. @ripkaydence I hope you'll get to read it one day. Just writing it made me feel better. I hope it helps you.
  • This made me cry so hard. I lost my baby in october of 05 and was told I would never have children. I have my beautiful baby miracle boy and this makes me want to go home and just hold him and kiss him and love him knowing that I may have lost my first love but someone up there granted me my biggest wish and illl never take him for granted. I don't think that made avy sense but it's hard to make sense through tears. Thank you for sharing this