I'm so sad...

edited February 2012 in Parenting
I have to go back to work Monday. I feel like it's too soon, she still needs her mommy. She will be 5 months on the 14th. What makes it worse, starting right around xmas she started crying when anyone besides my husband or i hold her. Sometimes she cries with her daddy too if she's tired or not feeling well she only wants me.

I left her with my dad for a couple hours the other day and she cried hysterically for about an hour before i got there. As soon as i held her and rocked her for a minute she was smiling and happy again. My sil is gonna watch her while im at work. I know it's gonna be rough for awhile.

I wish i could stay home a couple more months. Im also bf'ing and dont want to stop but it's gonna be hard to pump at work. I have to drive alot and wont always be in the office to pump.

How long do you think it will take for my lo to adjust to her auntie watching her instead of me?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    My lo is also really attached to me. I go back to work next month and he'll also be 5 months. What I started doing since my mom will be watching him while we work, I've been taking him to her house and leaving him with her for a few hours. He's been doing better now he doesn't cry once I leave. I'm really going to miss him when I go back and I know he'll miss me as well. Although I am grateful I got to stay home with him up until 5mths. Good luck to you.
  • Mine was attached to me as well and it took maybe a week to get her used to the sitter. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, you know babe will be in good hands and will be well taken care of. You both will be just fine!
  • @juliansmommy Thanks I should have been doing that more often, but it's too late now. My sil is going to stay at our house for the first week. I think my lo will do better in her own home plus this way she will get more comfortable with her by spending so much extra time around her

@lilsugarsmomma Thanks I hope it only takes a week
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • im 18 and i had to leave my baby girl after she was 1 month to go back to work but she is just right across the street from my job so i go visit her all the time ! she is 3 months and she is overall a happy baby and takes to my mother very well and now her daddy watches her while im at wrk i dont want her get attached to him tho , she is suppose to be a mommys girl.
  • @armahnismommy I cant wait for her to warm up to other people cuz me and hubby need some time alone.

@cute_pebbles I know I'm totally enjoying my time as her fave person. I know it's just a matter of time before she turns into a daddy's girl. I'm still a daddy's girl myself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.