Do I turn him back over?

edited February 2012 in Sleep
So I just put my six month old to sleep and as soon as I layed him on his back he rolled on to his tummy. So do I turn him back over or leave him there? He does have good head control and can go form tummy to back and back to tummy on his own. What would you do?

Comments

• I wuld turn him bak over but I worry bout every single lil thing lol which he will prolly keep turning himself bak over on his tummy if that's how he wants to sleep my daughter sleeps on her side an she will turn herself no matter Wat way u put her !lol
  • Well he woke up for some reason so hopefully we try again for back.
  • Lol my LO started sleep on his stomach a few weeks ago @ 4 months...at first it totally freaked me out...I would wake up and flip him back over. But I am getting better about it. He really loves sleeping on his tummy and I know that he has good head movement and can roll to his tummy and back whenever he wants so I am not to worried any more.
  • I say let him sleep on his tummy. As long as he can roll over and lift/move his head, he will be fine. :)
  • My doctor said that once they can roll in that position then you can leave them in it.
  • Thanks that makes me fill better, that was my thought if they can do that postion on their own then let them.
  • I would leave him, let him sleep comfortably. My son has been sleeping on his tummy since he was about a month & he's 5months & perfectly fine. As long as baby has good head control, he'll be A-Ok :D
  • My baby started sleeping on her tummy at around 3-4 months. I just left her there. She had good head control then. Now all she does is sleep on her side
  • I just read somewhere that if they turn themselves onto their tummy there is no need to turn them back. their risk of Sids is significantly reduced by the time they can turn themselves :)
  • Still put him down on his back every time but leave him if he flips
  • If he can roll over then he can roll back. He will be fine just make sure he can't suffocate.