where did u

edited February 2012 in Ages & Stages
Get ur babies ears pierced and how old where they? I want to get my Lo ears pierced but I don't know where to go.

Comments

• edited February 2012
    The doctors office, the doctor actually did them cost more that a place like Clare's but at-least they know what they r doing and didn't just watch a video showing them how to do it that's what they did when I worked at spencers.
  • Claire's, and they turned out beautiful. ;;)
  • @eeyore I had no idea they do it @ the doc office. I will look into that an how much was it?
  • @lilsugarsmomma do they do both ears @ the same time? And how much was it?
  • 40 and it felt safer and cleaner I was happy with until she decided to take one out and it closed up then the other fell out so I gave up. @twoisenough
  • But would the piercer do a baby? Just wondering?
  • edited February 2012
    31/2 months i got them done at a jewelry stant at the mall
  • @ta2edblondie u kinda freak me out with the flesh part lol... But I was wondering if professionals would do it I'm gona call an see. But if not a lot of ppl had them done @ the mall an theirs came out find so hopefully mine will too.
  • @everyone I'm gona get them done this weekend so wish us luck. I hope they r even lol... An I hope its not to painful.
  • Claires
    4 months
    Turned out perfect

My son who's 10 got his done at the same time and his got infected.
  • I didn't get my daughters done bc i wanted her to decide.. she is 8 and i ask her about it she doesn't want to yet. The reason I wanted to let her decide is bc my mom let us do it when we were ready.. i was about 9 and it was cool to go and pick out my earrings and go thru the experience:)
  • I got my daughter done at piercing pogoda (sp) it was cheaper then claires and had a bigger assortment of baby earrings. Plus to me they seemed a lot cleaner.
  • got my little girls done at claires. i waited until she asked for them which was when she was 2 1/2 years old. She came up to me one day and said i want holes in my ears so i can have pretty earrings like you have. So we went and she picked out what she wanted and i have had no problems with hers even when they were healing she didn't mess with them. She just turned 4.
  • edited February 2012
    @ynvtish now I'm scarred because of what happened to ur son. But glad ur daughters came out fine.
    @sehra4177 that's what her dad wants. So I guess I'm still on the fence
    @sjmomof3 thanks I'll look into that.
    @Carrie Awww now I wanna wait. And that's one of my fears that if I wait she would b picking @ them.
  • my husband wont let me get Evie's done! im really tempted to just go and do it anyway but hes dead set that shes too young. ive tried telling him its better to do it early so that she wont fiddle with them but he wont go for it. :-(
  • I got my first daughters done at Claire's at 2 months old and never had any issues. Then when I started looking for a place to do my 3rd daughters ears I read bad things about piercing guns not being able to be sterilized so I decided to go a professional piercer. She used a sterile needle and then put the earrings in that I had to buy from them, it cost $30 for the piercing and $80 something for the earrings. Her ears healed quickly and she was smiling 10 minutes after it was done.
  • @twoisenough I see, its hard. But I just went from my memories and how excited I was when I got to go...my sis got my nieces done at like a month bc her husband wanted to. She ended up pulling on them alot and ripped one out. So now she doesn't even wear them, she is ten now.
  • @twoisenough I am glad that we waited. And I told her that it was going to hurt a little bit and she did cry with it but after they were done she was fine and all she wanted was to see how pretty they were and a sucker. Lasted about 2 mins.
  • @joshneviesmum how old is ur lo?
    @mommyx5 thats what i really wanted to do have them done by a professional. but im in chicago an have no clue where to go or if they would do it.
    @sehra4177 oh wow that suck did her ear split?
    @carrie well that was good whenever we go i hope see dont cry too much.
  • At Claire's after their first shots :)
  • @myheartzx3 thanks do they ask to see the shot records?
  • They didn't but my kids are already 6&8 do idk how it goes now lol
  • I took my daughter to Claires at the mall it went great and her piercings came out perfect.. I picked out gold earrings so everything came out to about $50. she was 4 and a half months. she cried at that moment but because she was mad we were holding her so she wouldn't move but after that she was fine.. she was like nothing they healed perfectly and never hurt her not even when I would clean n rotate them. I recommended Claire's
  • @myheartx3 aw ok lol
    @jen91811 thanks my lo is 5 months. I hope we have a good experience 2. :)
  • @twoisenough no she just somehow took out the earring and lost it and my sis spent alot on it:(
  • At the mall when she was about 2-3 months old. She did great. Cried less than when she got her shots
  • edited February 2012
    @sehra4177 Aw ok well that's good. But bad that she lost the earring.
    @Kayleigh27 Aw that's good that she did great.