opinions please!!!!

edited February 2012 in Just for Fun
I have been invited to my cousin-in-laws bridal shower at the end of this month, its at a nice restaurant, nothing too fancy though. The problem is that my son will be 8 1/2 months old and he doesn't eat any solid food, he's still ebf and won't take a bottle. Is it appropriate to take him along or do I call and ask? What would you do? :-?

Comments

• I would...but probably leave to go feed
  • I would go, and if you don't want to leave to feed like @naliibby2 suggested, you might be able to feed in the rest room ( they might have seats in there) or in your car.

Just out of curiosity why isn't your son on solids yet? I'm not judging, just wondering. My son wasn't interested in trying solids until after a year so I understand that it happens. :)
  • @conreeaght he just won't eat food lol. I've tried but it just either makes him angry or he sits with it in his mouth looking at me like
  • Oops like "what do I do with this" lol
  • @ta2edblondie thanks:) you're doing an awesome job too!
  • Lol, Yup that's how my son was. Boys 8-|
  • @conreeaght what did you offer when he finally did eat food, purees or table food?,and did he eat a lot after you finally got him to take it?
  • I offered stuff at every meal. Diffrent things, some times table food, sometimes baby food, I would put it on his tray and sometimes he would play with other times it would go right to the floor eventually when he noticed everyone was eating he tried eating certain things. He was always - and still is - a picky eater. He'll be nine in July and has no food allergys or anything and is more willing to try new foods now so I guess what I did worked.
  • @conreeaght thanks, I think my little guy will be picky too. It's good too hear someone else with the same experience, I was starting to feel like he was so behind!
  • Not behind at all, like all developmental milestones some babies start diffrent things at diffrent times. As long as your son is gaining weight still and growing he'll be great.