Sex after baby

edited February 2012 in Postpartum Health
So...who's sex life has changed after baby? Has it gotten better, worse, or became nonexistent?

Comments

• After our first baby, our sex life got WAY better then I was pregnant, and it got back to being all the time again. But as the baby got older, you had to wait until more "appropriate" times haha, because LO was not sleeping all the time anymore and became more aware. After our second one... well sex is hard to squeeze in. He is big into working out every night (he is doing the P90X videos) right now, and I'm exhausted by the time I get everyone into bed and everything ready to leave for the babysitters and to work the next morning. So our sex life is not that great, only because it is not too often. Sex has never gotten back to before we ever had any kids though, and I blame it all on the timing. If your just sitting with him in the middle of the afternoon, you cant just "jump him" if you feel like it, and then it is like well I waited all night and now it is just not exciting because to me I hate planned sex. I like it to be getting caught in the heat of the moment, and with a 5 month old and a 3 year old that does not happen hardly ever.
  • Lol well said @my2boys. When we eventually get to have sex it awesome, but with a three year old and a 10month old you have to wait till they are asleep
  • edited February 2012
    Well it has being as good as always.. now is just twice as hard to have sex since we have a toddler and a 5 months old now lol.. ugh they have a no sex alarm lmao
  • I just don't ever feel like having sex. I'm having some issues with my body right now, and he's not even trying to help me feel better, he acts like its a chore that needs to be done every night. I don't mind "planned" sex, but he could at least make it somewhat worth my while.. and make it seem like if actually wants ME, not just sex.
  • My son is 7 months old, and for a while our sex life was nonexistent, and then he was gone for 2 months, and my sex drive was back full force..but now that I'm pregnant again it's even more nonexistent than it was before lol
  • @lucyloo288 i'm having some issues with my body as well. My sex life is nonexistent especially since I'm single right now n plus I have no sex drive whatsoever. I feel like an old lady bc I never want it n when I do it's for 5 sec n then the feeling is gone lol.
  • @EricaK22 when I was prego I didn't wanna have sex either. I was like don't touch me....shoot don't even look at me lol
    @My2Boys I hate planned sex too
  • @taytay yeah i don't want to be looked at either lol
  • What sex life!! Me and wife have 3 kids and when she wanted to get pregnant was the only time we seemed to have one. Now its once every 3 weeks if I'm lucky or attack her when I get home from a night shift before she can really wake up enough to say no piss off lol.
  • @nova can we say jealous lol
  • I'd say ours is great, I'm 32weeks and its the same. I just have always had a high sex drive and so does he so we seem to fit together perfectly. Granted there are weeks we don't get to it bc I work day shift and he is night shift and if our weekends are full plan wise its hard.